Getting Around This Website
Key to Common Symbols
CaribbeanChoice.com has a lot of valuable information. Most of the information is
by country or island when possible, or organized in a major category, such as
News, etc. when the information doesn't apply to a specific country.
The best way to find the information you want is to select the country you want from the drop down list
at the top of every page and navigate that way, or select the major category you are interested in.
We have also created "Jump Pages" which provide links to content regardless of
For example, to get current weather, you can either navigate to the country and click "Current Weather" or
you can use our handy Current Weather Jump Page
to get links directly to each county's weather page. Jump pages will
typically be indicated by the icon.
Jump pages usually contain no content, but simply have links that jump you to
the appropriate page with the content.
If you see blue text on the page, most likely it is a link. If it becomes underlined when you hover your mouse over it or if your mouse pointer turns into a little hand, most likely you can click on it and it will take you somewhere.
Key to Common Symbols found on CaribbeanChoice.com:
- New: New information has been added within the last 30 days.
- Updated: Information has been updated within
the last 30 days.*
or - External Website: Indicates a link to an external / remote website. Takes you away from CaribbeanChoice.com. Typically opens in a new window.
- Scroll down: Indicated that if you click on the link it will take you directly to that topic farther down the same page.
- Scroll up: Same as the previous one except it takes you back up the same page.
- Jump Page: Indicates a Jump Page organized
by topic that provides links to various sections of the site. It usually is formated as a list of related links.
- Login/Logout: Indicates a link to a login page or a page that requires you to login to view. Also placed next to the logout link to help you find it.
- Help: Indicates Help or a useful Tip
related to the section you are reading.
- Link to Help Page: Indicates a link that takes you to a help page.
- Opens in a New Window: Indicates a link that will open in a new window. Typically internal links open in the same window, and external links open in a new window. However, once and awhile an internal link will open in a new window.
- PDF File: This indicates a link to a file in Adobe Acrobat (PDF) format.
- Search: Indicates a link to a search page.
- Edit: Indicates a link that will take you to a page where you can edit or change something.
- Definition: Indicates a link that will take you to a definition of an item, or if used by itself (not next to a link) indicates a definition.
or - RSS Feed: Indicates that a feed is available in RSS (Really Simple Syndication) format that you can subscribe to with a newsreader. For more information, read About RSS Feeds.
- RSS Feed: This is the new symbol for RSS (and other) feeds that you can subscribe to. It means the same thing as the RSS and XML buttons shown above.
*Some pages automatically update. Information
that automatically updates, such as news headlines and carnival dates, will not have
an updated icon unless we have added new sections or more categories.
Note: Some of the icons are not in wide-spread use on the site yet. As we add and update pages, you will start to see more and more of these icons throughout the website. Also, links inside articles usually do not have icons next to them.
Many of the icons are QBullets from Matterform Media.
Q. Why are
countries listed here that are not in the Caribbean? I thought this
was a Caribbean site? A. Yes, this site is dedicated to all
things Caribbean. What you may not know is that many countries
around the world are directly related to the Caribbean or have Caribbean
style carnivals. We strive to cover all that's Caribbean, even if it
is not in the Caribbean!