CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Battle of the
 Islands

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Wednesday, July 23, 2014 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Caribbean Room
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : The Caribbean Room
Message Icon Topic: DO CARIBBEAN MEN KNOW HOW TO BE FAITHFUL? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
bim-yankee

Online Status: Offline

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote bim-yankee Replybullet Posted: 20 Dec 2004 at 6:04pm

I don't believe I have met any, including my father, my brothers... Oh wait my uncle is faithful to his wife, so yes there are faithful west indians out there, do not lose faith!! But they are far and few between. But in all honesty everyone has someone they cheated on in some way, fashion,or form. So I guess its all relative.

IP IP Logged
belizean039
Landlubber
Landlubber

Quote belizean039 Replybullet Posted: 31 Jan 2005 at 6:49pm
I think that all caribbean men are faithful...............when they are sleeping!
IP IP Logged
Destinee
Landlubber
Landlubber

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote Destinee Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 11:32am

I am recently married to a Belizean man and yes he has had problems with infidelity. But i firmly believe that it has alot to do with the upbringing and the examples set before them. For some reason I have noticed that the men in his family believe that they are gods gift to women and he believed that at 1 time also(until I came around). If ya wanna kno if ya man gonna be faithful take a look at his family if they aren't any good(unfaithful) then generally they aren't any good. But thats just my opinion.

IP IP Logged
Destinee
Landlubber
Landlubber

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote Destinee Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 11:40am
Originally posted by belizean039

I think that all caribbean men are faithful...............when they are sleeping!
LMAO But even then they are probably dreaming about cheating....
IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Belize.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 01 Feb 2005 at 1:33pm
I'm gonna approach this from my personal point of view....without divulging much of my business I hope....
I think cheating, like many other evils out there, (and its not only for caribbean men, btw)  prevails because its easy to do it...so much so, it takes little or nothing to be unfaithful: a wink, a flirty smile, a daring touch...even arousing thoughts. There are no physical chains or laws that can stop us from taking that initial step.
You guys have all made some valid points on this topic. I can only reiterate that the answer is within each of us. What we value most in ourselves can make the difference. For me, my honor (dignity/my word) is all I have left when u strip me of my principles and values, errors and opinions and there is no way I'm gonna compromise what has taken me a life-time to build, just because I can.
Mind u, I'm not a saintish little critter either u know, because I do allow myself some relaxation now and again. Only not at the expense of others nor my well-guarded 'reputation'.
IP IP Logged
SpicyLean
Mate
Mate

Saint-Vincent.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote SpicyLean Replybullet Posted: 04 Feb 2005 at 8:43am

Originally posted by Destinee

Originally posted by belizean039

LMAO But even then they are probably dreaming about cheating....

This is funny and I agree with both of you all.

Passion,dancing and music conn
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 12:11am

Originally posted by ilam96

I think cheating, like many other evils out there, (and its not only for caribbean men, btw)  prevails because its easy to do it...so much so, it takes little or nothing to be unfaithful: a wink, a flirty smile, a daring touch...even arousing thoughts. There are no physical chains or laws that can stop us from taking that initial step.

Of course, this begs an interesting question. What exactly IS considered cheating? A wink, a look, spending time with someone without having sex, a touch, loving someone else, sex?

Personally, I think that if you expect your man to not look at another woman and get aroused, you are expecting your man to not be human. If looking at another woman and admiring is considered cheating, then I would have to suggest that all men cheat. Actually all people, men and women. It has something to do with hormones and the instinct to reproduce. And most women I know also tend to look as well, they just tend to be more sneaky about it. I have observed women talk about men when they forgot that a man was close enough to hear. I was actually shocked at what came out of the mouths of some women that pretended to be all innocent around men. They can be more dirty minded and graphic than men!

Personally, my policy is look but don't touch. And, if my woman gets turned on by another man, I don't have a problem as long as she comes home and releases her sexuality on me instead of him. Of course, I'm a bit more open minded than most, but I'm also not so insecure in myself that I have to be jealous about her looking at some other man. I figure its natural for us to get aroused by the opposite sex, so why pretend it doesn't happen. I mean, how many women are "in love with" (insert movie star name here). Its part of biology and nature to be aroused by the opposite sex. If it didn't happen, we would have died off as a species a long time ago.

Of course, if you promised to be faithful (which is part of most marriage ceremonies), then you should honor that promise. And that is what cheating actually is, breaking a promise (spoken or unspoken).

So, back to the question, what do you consider cheating?

Edited by Scott
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
Personal Blog | WisTex
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 12:38am

Okay, I added a poll on what you consider cheating.  You can find it here:

http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=75 416&PN=1

Scott M. Stolz
Personal Blog | WisTex
IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Belize.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 14 Feb 2005 at 2:35pm
Originally posted by Scott

Of course, if you promised to be faithful (which is part of most marriage ceremonies), then you should honor that promise. And that is what cheating actually is, breaking a promise (spoken or unspoken).

But lets not drop this one either...technically, all the forms listed on the poll can be called cheating...simply because I believe it is the intention behind the action that makes it so. I mean, I can hug and kiss a male friend...get aroused by it even, but if my (or his) intentions are not to take it any further, then it dies a natural death. Don't you think?

Edited by ilam96
IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 15 Feb 2005 at 10:03am

Interesting point.  But the means it is very hard to tell the difference.  I mean, an innocent hug can be easily mistaken for something not so innocent.  Also, there are cultural differences.  For example, in many parts of Mexico, you kiss each other on the cheek as a greeting and it has no romantic significance in their culture whatsoever.  And some people and families are huggers, and hug all their close friends (male and female) without it meaning anything sexual or romantic, which could easily be mistaken for something that it is not.

Scott M. Stolz
Personal Blog | WisTex
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 18 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version