CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Saturday, February 22, 2020 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Religion, Theology & Spirituality
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Religion, Theology & Spirituality
Message Icon Topic: Can a white man be a Rastafarian? Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Online Status: Offline

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 09 May 2006 at 7:55pm

Race  and  culture  and  religion   can  match ...Why not??

It  is  the  same   if  you  get  a job  of  you  have  to go  for your study in  an another  land....and   you  star going  out  with someone  that  has an other  religion  or culture  or  race...but  you  still do want  her  of  he....What  are  you  going  to  do..???  Let she  or  he ...go...cause  of  ... R.C.R..  no  my  dear...!!!

Life  is short and   our  friend  the    is  just  around  the corner  waiting...and  and  you  have  to live  your  life  as  you want  to live  it...

Just  an

IP IP Logged
daretothinkfree
Landlubber
Landlubber

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote daretothinkfree Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2006 at 9:52am

I would venture to quip that if the views being expressed on this question were a reflection of how we think as a human species, 3/4 of the human adversarial interactive problems would be non existant. It is great to find people whose thinking and views have evolved to the extent where they peek inside our physical facade to find us, rather than simply jumping to the erroneous conclusion that we are that what their eyes beheld at first sight.

Peace  

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2006 at 1:54pm

I think that people are starting to get past the external, especially race and color, especially the younger generations.  As they say, it takes 4 generations to make a change in society, and I can see why.  Even if the youngest generation wants to change something, the people in their 50's & 60's still control and influence things because they hold most of the political posts and own most of the businesses.

Think about it this way:

My grandparents grew up in segregated schools, so they grew up with little intimate contact with other races and only knew what they were taught about other races.  They also grew up in a culture where you were required to fit in and play certain roles.  A wife stayed home and cooked and cleaned and took care of the kids, and the man worked, and anyone who did not follow the cultural norms was out of place.  This generation has retired for the most part, but still has considerable influence on society through their advice and money holdings (for the rich ones).

My parents were probably around 5 years old when they desegregated the schools, and they grew up in a time where there was still a lot of discrimination and hate and misunderstanding between the races.  As they got older, they began to see that much of what their parents' generation had taught them about race was not true, because they actually interacted with other races, although on a limited level (i.e. when they were young is was socially unacceptable).  I think much of this generation has racist feelings, but knows they are wrong and suppresses themselves.  This is the generation that still runs things.

My generation grew up in desegregated schools and were taught that discrimination is not okay and we made friends with people of other races.  We see first hand that people are people because we have interacted with multiple cultures growing up.  This is the generation that is starting to make a place for themselves and is starting to become successful managers, politicians and business owners.

Th next generation is growing up in a society where they not only interact with different people of their own race, they also are interacting with more people of different cultures, thereby increasing their appreciation and respect for other people's cultures.  Plus the internet has shown them that the kids in India like their PS2 as much as the kids in the U.S., so they can't be that bad.  They see that kids are kids and people are people, and the internet is dissolving much of the close-mindedness of the previous generations.  :)  This generation is still learning how to be successful and while they are open-minded and not racist, they are still in school or still work for other people.

The world is changing.  The point of view you get will depend on the generation you are talking to.  And the older generations that still control things are not as net-savvy as my generation and the generation after me, so less of them are online.  What you are hearing is where the world is going, not where it is right now. :)

Edited by Scott
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
msjoy
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Conch Republic United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote msjoy Replybullet Posted: 10 May 2006 at 4:33pm

would venture to quip that if the views being expressed on this question were a reflection of how we think as a human species, 3/4 of the human adversarial interactive problems would be non existant. It is great to find people whose thinking and views have evolved to the extent where they peek inside our physical facade to find us, rather than simply jumping to the erroneous conclusion that we are that what their eyes beheld at first sight.

I love this answer. thank you.

IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 06 May 2009 at 4:59pm
There's one on CC ... her name is Roggy ... LOL ... meant to be funny guys ... LOL ... love you Roggy ... 
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
Rogerka
Captain
Captain

Jamaica.gif, 1 kB Slovakia.gif, 0 kB

Quote Rogerka Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2009 at 3:22am
Peace out
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 07 May 2009 at 7:18am
Yeah we are breaking all the rules Roggy ... I like that ... 
IP IP Logged
Rogerka
Captain
Captain

Jamaica.gif, 1 kB Slovakia.gif, 0 kB

Quote Rogerka Replybullet Posted: 11 May 2009 at 3:31am
That are rules for, nah?
Peace out
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 12 May 2009 at 8:45am
Wink
IP IP Logged
charliedflea

United-Kingdom.gif, 0 kB

Quote charliedflea Replybullet Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 12:10am
hey, ok im a white guy , and my main issue is, well theirs a few i dont really know what to say man so ill just lay down the score i feel in life i dont know whether this is another power or not i feel that peple should just be nice no matter what i really do now yeah i rock the locks but i understand just cos i wear them it doesnt mean i understand em! my main dilema is i dont know where i fit, all i know is i love music so much and it sounds gay but @#$%in it makes me sad when i think ive to work and now play listen or enjoy music man it @#$%in really tears me up its mad how such a small thing can mean so much, i know marley is classic things that everyone quotes but talkin blues and their she goes, just hits me so hard man its mental i dont really kow were im goin its just i feel so @#$%in lost and begining to loose the world man its mental if ya kow what i mean i wish i could just float about play and listn to music for ever! sorry for blaggin ya head in i hope ya can make some sence of this! cheers for ya time and keep safe! Charlie
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version