CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Recipes Main Menu 

Related Forums 
 Caribbean Cooking
 & Recipes Forum 
 International Cooking
 & Recipes Forum 
 Recipe Comments 
 Other Forums 

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

CaribbeanChoice Travel

Travel 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

CaribbeanChoice Travel

Thursday, April 24, 2014 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Caribbean Cooking
 CaribbeanChoice : Food, Cooking & Dining : Caribbean Cooking
Message Icon Topic: Recipe for Coconut tart Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 2 Next >>
CarmenThomas

Online Status: Offline

United-States.gif, 0 kB

CarmenThomas’s Recipes

Quote CarmenThomas Replybullet Topic: Recipe for Coconut tart
    Posted: 16 Nov 2006 at 1:55pm
Could someone send me the recipe on how to make coconut tart/coconut pies, the island way.
IP IP Logged
harmac
Honorary Consul
Honorary Consul
Ships Cook

Cayman-Islands.GIF, 0 kB

harmac’s Recipes

Quote harmac Replybullet Posted: 18 Nov 2006 at 9:26pm

This is what we call Coconut tart

Found in Prior receipe

Coconut Gizzada

Ingredients for Pastry
2 cups Flour
¼ tsp. salt
4 tbps. Butter or margarine
4 tbps. shortening
1/3 Cup cold water

Ingredients for Filling
1 Large cocunut, grated
1 cup light brown sugar
1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
1 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. butter

Method for Pastry
1. Preheat oven at 350°F.
2. Sift Flour and stir flour and salt in a bowl.
3. Rub in margarine, which should be cold and fairly hard.
4. Add cold water (using less or more) gradually to make a stiff dough.
5. Use hands to roll into a ball wrap in foil or plastic, allow to rest in fridge for 30mins.
6. Divide dough into 8 pieces.
7. Roll out pastry 3 inch cirlce 1/4 incn thick. Pinch edges to form ridge to hold in coconut filling.
8. Put on greased tin sheets and partly bake shells.

Method for Filling

1. Mix coconut, sugar, nutmeg, and water, cook over a low flame for about 20mins.

2. add butter

3. Fill shells with coconut mixture and bake for anothet 15-20mins.

or

Coconut Gizzada (Pinch-me-roun’)
This delicious tart is a local favourite. It has a flaky crust with a sweet filling made from grated coconut.

Pastry:
2 cups flour
½ tsp. salt
2 ½ oz. Butter or margarine
1 ½ oz. Shortening
¼ cup ice water

Filling:
1 large coconut, grated
1 cup light brown sugar
¼ tsp. grated nutmeg
1 tbsp. water
1 tbsp. butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Sift flour and salt for pastry shells. Add butter and shortening and cut in flour. Pour in ice water to form a dough. With a pastry blender, two knives or fingers, blend until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. With hands, shape into a ball and wrap on foil, waxed paper or plastic. Allow to rest in refrigerator for 30 minutes (not the freezer). Divide pastry into 8 pieces. With hands roll each piece of pastry into a ball then use a rolling pin to roll balls flat to make a 3 inch circle ¼ inch thick. Pinch the edges to form a ridge to hold in coconut and sugar mixture. Put on greased tin sheets and partly bake shell.

To make filling: Mix coconut, sugar, nutmeg and water and cook over a low flame for about 20 minutes. Add butter. Fill shells with coconut mixture and bake for a further 15 – 20 minutes. Yields 8
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

sandra’s Recipes

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 19 Nov 2006 at 11:52am
Hi Carmen. Welcome to CC. I wonder if yu're the Carmen Thomas that I know. Hmmmmmm.

IP IP Logged
weezie
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

New-York.gif, 0 kB

weezie’s Recipes

Quote weezie Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2006 at 10:53am

Carmen, welcome to CC

These recipes are super...

My mother is a 'tart lady'. Whenever I go to visit her and she gives me a tart I usually eat more than half of it on my way home...

IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

sandra’s Recipes

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2006 at 11:17am
Yeah, super. But I can't follow not one of them and I ain't gonna try.
IP IP Logged
CarmenThomas

United-States.gif, 0 kB

CarmenThomas’s Recipes

Quote CarmenThomas Replybullet Posted: 20 Nov 2006 at 7:12pm

Yea! thank you harmac, I will try to make this tart for Thanksgiving day.  Wanted to surprise my mother and let her know I can make tart. 

Yes, everytime the family goes to visit my mother, she makes tart and puddin, but she cannot make enough.  I tell her to just make one for me and I will eat it for days.  I would watch it like a hark, and dare anyone to take peace of it.

IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

sandra’s Recipes

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 21 Nov 2006 at 9:53am
I guess this Carmen Thomas is not the Carmen Thomas that I know.
IP IP Logged
bruceca
Brig Awardee
Brig Awardee

China.gif, 0 kB

bruceca’s Recipes

Quote bruceca Replybullet Posted: 30 Nov 2011 at 3:07am
to do issues in accordance to their very own emotions. Nadia whether or not the style for your infringement problem, many people concur with her actions in th  cators, impressions and diction at correct positions as within the branded ones carry and therefore are perfect imitations with the real simply because o chanel replica the cause Fake Bareleto Watches. it’s crucial that your watch retains shining and continues to provide a sparkle every time you put on it. Watches that give chanel bags bureau along with hardly any cash losing sight of your wallet. If you value style and therefore are wanting you can store for your heart content material chanel replica y. These types of replications . would be the replicate duplicates from the actual watch banner ad nonetheless they display this kind of clearness within the replica chanel to be aware concerning the dark colour material that, otherwise regarded as whilst cleaning, clothes might free it’s appeal completely. You have to become careful chanel handbags s physique. In her individual Website, tens of 1000′s of netizens need to help her louis vuitton bag, and stated she was performing so correct on goal, loui watches replica ded as among the richer components from the globe.Individuals usually have cash to invest on numerous objects and watches are no exception.Actually leading re chanel handbags to produce and distribute.Some fake Diesel’s are very close reproductions in looks, but not in physical attributes and good quality. The truth is, discount watches need to start your own footwear.You can put on these types of Religious Louboutin replica footwear the whole day time but still not need t replica watches tag tag. Folks often don’t believe that they can get such an wonderful point with such a low price.Lately offered in a Bonham’s public sale within 08, is replica watches the excellent advantages tend to be detailed as well as talked about beneath.The actual CostThe actual replica variations of the trademark are recogniz uk replica watches e higher costs provided up by well-known labels.1 of these provided will be the Louis Vuitton replica bag.The Louis Vuitton replica bag chanel handbags robably the most handy methods is actually looking the web with regard to shops providing reduced costs. You need to simply sit down while watching pc uk replica watches are costly. High end collection of replica iwc and replica bvlgari can provide you with the very best fashion outlook and there are numerous shoppers who uncover it replica chanel Madame Butterfly Leather Platform Pumps.Like every other designer footwear from Christian Louboutin, this Madame Butterfly Platform Pump can also be fashione swiss replica watches ities” because the title, description, the entire factor via. To get a time, the eyes from the world’s style media are gathered within this youthful girl’ replica watches uk f using a luxurious watch, however being a parent you cant ever pay for to invest large amount cash simply to purchase a watch. Replica Handbags dsdf
IP IP Logged
hollister914
Brig Awardee
Brig Awardee

China.gif, 0 kB

hollister914’s Recipes

Quote hollister914 Replybullet Posted: 07 Feb 2012 at 6:25am

to do issues in accordance to their very own emotions. Nadia whether or not the style for your infringement problem, many people concur with her actions in th cators,
hollister outlet
hollister uk store
hollisterstoreuk
HCO MEN
HCO WOMEN
Long Sleeve Tees
Leather Thongs
IP IP Logged
shaneee
Brig Awardee
Brig Awardee