CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Monday, July 15, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Religion, Theology & Spirituality
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Religion, Theology & Spirituality
Message Icon Topic: Should We obey an unjust Law or Command Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Online Status: Offline

Belize.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2006 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by frankster

People are put away for a very long time for such things "that never happen" and rightly so . What it proves is that the mind of Abraham may have been depraved . Anyways it has happened at many other time that the innocent have been put to death on the allege say so of God .

yes, i agree, it has happened...by human error...the case in point was 1. not human; 2. not an error....everything was precisely calculated by the only being that can do that.

And you believe that such a God is LOVE , when since is selfishness a virtue ? I still see it as a vice . This is what happens when you worship a Cruel God , you confuse good with evil.

the love i talk of is an unconditional love, that which you and i can never begin to comprehend, especially when we blind ourselves to an all encompassing being that knows what is in our hearts even before we do.

So because I am able to father kids it is in my right to dispose of them , or do with them as I see fit ?
I should hope That God is more than the tyrannical despot you are making him or her out to be.

no u may not 'dispose' of them, but don't u feel responsible to mold this being that came forth from you into a respectable person...? or do u prefer to see him down and in despair, when you can help him, help himself...?

Speak for yourself , I have no urge to kill innocent human beings or even the guilty for that matter
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."
IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2006 at 6:01pm

my answer to that last quote is, "neither do i".  It is not our place to say who deserves to die, but its not our place to decide who lives either.

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 27 Dec 2006 at 6:21pm

Originally posted by world42

If the Bible were written today, it would still have the same message from God preaching love and peace and how to live a better life, but would sound different because of a different culture and history, yet the truths would remain the same.

How can you be so sure after having called in to question the accuracy and authenticity of bible , on what now do you base these assertions of what Gods message would or will be ?

I am not sure what world42's answer will be and I am not sure what world42 said is totally accurate, but as for me, I do know in my limited study of religion that somehow goodness and love keep resurfacing in the message... in every religion.

Its part of the reason why I am convinced that there is a higher power.  Call it God, call it the Universe, call it Allah, call it Love, call it Bob.  It doesn't really matter.  Something universal is there that spans all races, religions and creeds.

Me, I try to guide myself with unconditional love, which is an aspect of what I call God.  When I do that, everything seems to fall in place and the right think is done at the right time and the right place.  Even if it doesn't appear that way at the time. [/quote]

Edited by Scott - 27 Dec 2006 at 6:28pm
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 5:40am
Where Evil's Evil%20Smile things happen, Gods LOVE  is  missing.Wink

Edited by vutjebal - 28 Dec 2006 at 5:44am
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 5:50am
Originally posted by Scott

Originally posted by world42

If the Bible were written today, it would still have the same message from God preaching love and peace and how to live a better life, but would sound different because of a different culture and history, yet the truths would remain the same.

How can you be so sure after having called in to question the accuracy and authenticity of bible , on what now do you base these assertions of what Gods message would or will be ?

I am not sure what world42's answer will be and I am not sure what world42 said is totally accurate, but as for me, I do know in my limited study of religion that somehow goodness and love keep resurfacing in the message... in every religion.

Its part of the reason why I am convinced that there is a higher power.  Call it God, call it the Universe, call it Allah, call it Love, call it Bob.  It doesn't really matter.  Something universal is there that spans all races, religions and creeds.

Me, I try to guide myself with unconditional love, which is an aspect of what I call God.  When I do that, everything seems to fall in place and the right think is done at the right time and the right place.  Even if it doesn't appear that way at the time.
[/QUOTE]
You're right  Scott about  the last one...I deal with it almost  everyday.. because  I have  faith in like you said a higher power.....Wink I can proof it.
IP IP Logged
frankster
Mate
Mate

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote frankster Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 7:17am
[WIsTex42]
And you believe that such a God is LOVE , when since is selfishness a virtue ? I still see it as a vice . This is what happens when you worship a Cruel God , you confuse good with evil . 
[/QUOTE]
Do not confuse God with man's explanation, interpretation or (mis)understanding of God.

Where did I confuse God with mans explanation .

Many bad things have been done in God's name and I seriously doubt God would approve.

Is the bible in error ? in the case of Isaac's binding , it was God,s wishes .

God is love. I don't care what any book tells me, even if it is a holy book or not.
[/QUOTE]

Did you know that most of  the victims of domestic violence , thinks their spouse's love them .

Edited by frankster - 28 Dec 2006 at 7:21am
IP IP Logged
frankster
Mate
Mate

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote frankster Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 7:23am
Originally posted by vutjebal

Frankster..sorry,  There is such of hate in you and I don't know what have happen in your live or who did something to you, but it must be  something big and horrible that became in such a HATE..Oh%20My

Where is my hate ?
Show me ?
IP IP Logged
frankster
Mate
Mate

United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote frankster Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 7:35am
[ilam96]
People are put away for a very long time for such things "that never happen" and rightly so . What it proves is that the mind of Abraham may have been depraved . Anyways it has happened at many other time that the innocent have been put to death on the allege say so of God .

yes, i agree, it has happened...by human error...the case in point was 1. not human; 2. not an error....everything was precisely calculated by the only being that can do that.[/quote]

Was Abraham not human ?

THats call premeditation , so he plan to kill or threaten ?

Do you endorse this type of behaviour ?

And you believe that such a God is LOVE , when since is selfishness a virtue ? I still see it as a vice . This is what happens when you worship a Cruel God , you confuse good with evil.

the love i talk of is an unconditional love, that which you and i can never begin to comprehend, especially when we blind ourselves to an all encompassing being that knows what is in our hearts even before we do.

This selfish God has unconditional love ?

Of course  I cannot comprehend this type of unconditional love in which violence and pyschological turture is accepted as loving .
What father having a son deserving of bread would give him a stone .

[quoye]

So because I am able to father kids it is in my right to dispose of them , or do with them as I see fit ?
I should hope That God is more than the tyrannical despot you are making him or her out to be.

no u may not 'dispose' of them, but don't u feel responsible to mold this being that came forth from you into a respectable person...? or do u prefer to see him down and in despair, when you can help him, help himself...?[/quote]

I would give him the room to be who he is .

Speak for yourself , I have no urge to kill innocent human beings or even the guilty for that matter
[/quote]

IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 8:20am

Originally posted by vutjebal

Frankster..sorry,  There is such of hate in you and I don't know what have happen in your live or who did something to you, but it must be  something big and horrible that became in such a HATE..Oh%20My

Where is my hate ?
Show me ?
okay frankster...just one  question ..What do you want  to ashieve with your Hate towards  God.???/ I don't read  the Bible....but I believe in myself  and my feelings for  nature and that there is a Higher Power, but  I don't  believe in coincidence..(there is always a reason why things happens)   and  I  never never  in my life  upto now , know what is  Hate... someone or something. I  don't like to use that word neither.Shocked
But  oops ...the way you came forth with your meaning towards God...Confused

wow...Oh%20My
IP IP Logged
ilam96
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Quote ilam96 Replybullet Posted: 28 Dec 2006 at 6:43pm
ok, this is my standpoint. i will not argue over should've, could've, would've. as far as i'm concerned, IT NEVER HAPPENED. i will also never agrue with someone so poor in spirit that his hunger for righteousness is leading him anywhere but...maybe his mourning will turn to laughter when he ceases to follow the footsteps of man.
IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 6 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version