CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Friday, August 22, 2014 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Sporting Events
 CaribbeanChoice : Carnival, Events & Activities : Sporting Events
Message Icon UEFA Euro 2008
Event Date: 07 June 2008
Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 3 Next >>
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Online Status: Offline

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Calendar Event: UEFA Euro 2008
    Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 12:06am

UEFA Euro 2008

Austria-Switzerland 

I'm not afraid of storms, for I'm learning how to sail my ship.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 12:17am

It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 12:19am

Final tournament schedule Euro 2008

Saturday 7 June 2008
1 Grp A Switzerland 18:00 Czech Republic Basel - St. Jakob-Park
2 Grp A Portugal 20:45 Turkey Geneva - Stade de Genève
Sunday 8 June 2008
3 Grp B Austria 18:00 Croatia Vienna - Ernst Happel
4 Grp B Germany 20:45 Poland Klagenfurt - Wörthersee
Monday 9 June 2008
5 Grp C Romania 18:00 France Zurich - Letzigrund
6 Grp C Netherlands 20:45 Italy Berne - Stade de Suisse
Tuesday 10 June 2008
7 Grp D Spain 18:00 Russia Innsbruck - Tivoli Neu
8 Grp D Greece 20:45 Sweden Salzburg - EM Stadion Wals-Siezenheim
Wednesday 11 June 2008
9 Grp A Czech Republic 18:00 Portugal Geneva - Stade de Genève
10 Grp A Switzerland 20:45 Turkey Basel - St. Jakob-Park
Thursday 12 June 2008
11 Grp B Croatia 18:00 Germany Klagenfurt - Wörthersee
12 Grp B Austria 20:45 Poland Vienna - Ernst Happel
Friday 13 June 2008
13 Grp C Italy 18:00 Romania Zurich - Letzigrund
14 Grp C Netherlands 20:45 France Berne - Stade de Suisse
Saturday 14 June 2008
15 Grp D Sweden 18:00 Spain Innsbruck - Tivoli Neu
16 Grp D Greece 20:45 Russia Salzburg - EM Stadion Wals-Siezenheim
Sunday 15 June 2008
17 Grp A Switzerland 20:45 Portugal Basel - St. Jakob-Park
18 Grp A Turkey 20:45 Czech Republic Geneva - Stade de Genève
Monday 16 June 2008
19 Grp B Poland 20:45 Croatia Klagenfurt - Wörthersee
20 Grp B Austria 20:45 Germany Vienna - Ernst Happel
Tuesday 17 June 2008
21 Grp C Netherlands 20:45 Romania Berne - Stade de Suisse
22 Grp C France 20:45 Italy Zurich - Letzigrund
Wednesday 18 June 2008
23 Grp D Greece 20:45 Spain Salzburg - EM Stadion Wals-Siezenheim
24 Grp D Russia 20:45 Sweden Innsbruck - Tivoli Neu
Thursday 19 June 2008
25 QF Winner Grp A 20:45 Runner-up Grp B Basel - St. Jakob-Park
Friday 20 June 2008
26 QF Winner Grp B 20:45 Runner-up Grp A Vienna - Ernst Happel
Saturday 21 June 2008
27 QF Winner Grp C 20:45 Runner-up Grp D Basel - St. Jakob-Park
Sunday 22 June 2008
28 QF Winner Grp D 20:45 Runner-up Grp C Vienna - Ernst Happel
Wednesday 25 June 2008
29 SF Winner #25 20:45 Winner #26 Basel - St. Jakob-Park
Thursday 26 June 2008
30 SF Winner #27 20:45 Winner #28 Vienna - Ernst Happel
Sunday 29 June 2008
31 F Winner #29 20:45 Winner #30 Vienna - Ernst Happel

Star

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 12:31am
Monday 21 April 2008
Volunteers gear up for kick-off

With 17,644 applicants whittled down to 5,000, the legion of UEFA EURO 2008™ volunteers will take another step towards the finals when introductory events take place in each of the eight venues.

'Enthusiasm and excitement'
With the tournament now less than seven weeks away the volunteers – 500 in every city except for Vienna and Basel, which will both have 1,000 – are preparing to come together for a series of kick-off events to get to know their new roles. The programme includes information, videos, guest speakers and a first look at the volunteer uniform – all designed to get them in the mood for the big event. "It's important for the volunteers to be well prepared," said Christian Mutschler, Switzerland's Euro 2008 SA tournament director and the man in charge of the volunteer project. "Their enthusiasm and excitement are real advertisements for the tournament."

Togo and Costa Rica
Almost two-thirds of the 5,000 volunteers hail from Austria and Switzerland, but there are 75 nations represented in all, with volunteers coming from as far afield as Costa Rica, Togo, Uganda, Indonesia and Nepal. They will all be taught ambassadorial skills, helping them provide clear, informative and polite aid for guests, fans, media and officials alike. Then there will be specific training in each of the 14 sectors, from volunteer drivers to welcome service staff and accreditation monitors, split up into 130 sessions in all, between the eight venues, the majority held in the volunteer centres or somewhere near to the stadium.

Trix and Flix oversee the Vienna kick-off event (©UEFA)

Edited by Shucander - 22 Apr 2008 at 12:33am
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 1:06am

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 27 Apr 2008 at 8:06pm
The inside line on Euro 2008

Friday 25 April 2008

All 16 EURO coaches met in Vienna for the Team Workshop (©Keystone/Euro 2008 SA)

Co-hosts Austria and Switzerland are fine-tuning their preparations for UEFA EURO 2008™, and the latest edition of the official tournament newsletter, Inside, takes you behind the scenes with barely a month to go before the first match kicks off on 7 June.

Front-row seat
Inside had a front-row seat as the coaches from the 16 competing nations came to the historic Austrian capital, Vienna, for the Team Workshop. In between discussing a host of topics from logistics to medical matters, there was time for delegates to unveil the Walk of Fame at the Ernst-Happel-Stadion, where they will hope to return for the final on 29 June.

RESPECT campaign
Vienna also saw the launch of the RESPECT campaign. In front of more than 200 of the world's media, UEFA President Michel Platini unveiled the scheme which he hopes will bring the world of football closer together - Inside tells you how he plans to do it.

Tournament directors
Ever wondered just how you go about organising a UEFA European Championship? Inside speaks to Euro 2008 SA tournament directors Christian Mutschler (Switzerland) and Christian Schmölzer (Austria), the men behind the staging of the world's third-biggest sporting event.

Time travel
Remember how Denmark and Greece triumphed against the odds in 1992 and 2004? Or the drama of the 'golden goals' of Oliver Bierhoff and David Trezeguet in 1996 and 2000? Bask in nostalgia as Inside indulges in a spot of time travel through the last four finals.

Official goods
Thousands of fans are expected to arrive in Austria and Switzerland for the tournament, and Inside has all the details on where you can get your hands on the range of official merchandise - from shirts and scarves to fine wine and porcelain - as well as have an up-close-and-personal encounter with the Henri Delaunay trophy on the EURO Experience Tour.

Promo video
The groundsmen at the eight tournament venues are not the only ones hoping to get their pitch right as pop star Shaggy teams up with UEFA EURO 2008™ mascots Trix & Flix for the first official mascot song - Inside brings you the making of 'Like a Superstar.'

Kit check
No-one was getting too shirty at the UEFA EURO 2008™ Kit Day as the 16 finalists presented the strip - and in one case even the undergarments - they will be wearing for the tournament. Inside leads you through the checks that kits had to undergo before being passed fit to adorn the heroes out on the pitch this summer.

Media zones
Players make headlines, but journalists write them, and everything has been done to ensure that the media will have all they need to bring teams' exploits at UEFA EURO 2008™ to the waiting world. Inside outlines the top-class media services provided to the estimated 2,000 press and 3,500 TV personnel expected to cover the tournament.

Web plans
Can't get to Austria and Switzerland this summer? Then recline in your favourite armchair and enjoy the football on TV as UEFA's own production team bring you the very best of the action. Inside speaks to Alexandre Fourtoy, CEO of UEFA Media Technologies SA, on the plans to broadcast the tournament to a global audience of billions, and unravels the web of mystery around the 'spider cam.'

Latest edition
There's no mystery though about UEFA's website for the tournament, euro2008.uefa.com. Inside talks to the people who'll be bringing the competition to life in cyberspace, with a 130-strong team on site guaranteeing the very best behind-the-scenes coverage in ten languages. Inside No 7 is a must for football fans as UEFA EURO 2008™ draws tantalisingly close. Click here to read the latest edition in English

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 02 May 2008 at 2:17pm
UEFA%20Euro%202008

UEFA Euro 2008

Xbox360 review by Craig Nye - Wednesday 30th April 2008

My summer of 2008 was going to be amazing. Exams would be well and truly over, I’d be done with school for at least another year, and according to the folks that predict weather patterns, Britain was set for one of the hottest summers in recent history. My summer activities were to be planned completely around the European Football Championships held in Switzerland this year; another chance to sit outside in the warm sun, beer in hand, shouting passionately at the television and watching England’s “Golden Generation” crash out of the tournament to Portugal in the quarter finals yet again.

IP IP Logged
Shucander
Admiral
Admiral

Palm Beach Aruba

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote Shucander Replybullet Posted: 24 May 2008 at 4:26pm

Kuyt looking to take club form with Liverpool into Euro 2008

Saturday, May 24. 2008

NOORDWIJK, Netherlands — Dirk Kuyt has scored crucial goals in Europe for Liverpool this season. Now he wants to do the same for the Netherlands at the European Championship.

With Real Madrid striker Ruud van Nistelrooy and Klaas Jan Huntelaar of Ajax expected to be coach Marco van Basten's starting forwards, Kuyt will have to fight just to get on the field at the tournament in Austria and Switzerland.

But if Van Basten is looking for a striker on a hot streak, Kuyt could be his man.

Kuyt, who has six goals in 35 appearances for the Netherlands, scored five times in the Champions League this season, including a goal in every knockout round.

The burly blond striker looked to have given Liverpool a decisive lead in the first leg of the Champions League semifinals against Chelsea with his 43rd-minute goal. But teammate John Arne Riise headed a cross from Salomon Kalou into his own net in injury time. Kuyt also scored a crucial away goal to earn Liverpool a 1-1 draw at Arsenal in the quarter-finals, and scored the first goal in Liverpool's 2-0 win over Inter Milan in the second round.

It was an emphatic way of grabbing the attention of Van Basten, who dropped Kuyt from his squad for the team's two friendlies this year.

"The coach said he was picking other players. I had to show him he was wrong," Kuyt said at the Netherlands' training camp, close to the North Sea coastal village of Katwijk, where his father was a local fisherman.

Van Basten rewarded him with a recall when it counted - for Euro 2008, where the Netherlands is in a tough group with world champion Italy, France and Romania.

"During the winter, he didn't play his best matches. That can happen to all players," Van Basten said. "He fought back and now his level is good for our team."

Kuyt said the turning point that dragged him out of his slump came when Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez tweaked the club's stuttering forward line, putting captain Steven Gerrard in a deep striker's role and moving Kuyt to right wing.

"It's gone well for me," Kuyt said. "Sometimes, things just fall into place. I had the feeling when it started that it was temporary, but it went so well, we carried on."

And Kuyt believes his adjustment to the Liverpool style of play gives him an edge as he fights for a spot in the Dutch starting lineup.

"The way we play now for the Netherlands is very similar to the Liverpool system, and I think I have shown I can play there," he said.

But it is not only his recent scoring streak that Kuyt believes makes him a key for Dutch success at Euro 2008. He also poses problems for attacking defenders and is famous for running himself ragged chasing down the ball.

"You have players who can turn a match with one touch and players who perform in service to the team," Kuyt said. "I have no problem playing for the team."

Kuyt said his 2006 move from Feyenoord, where his never-say-die attitude made him a fan favourite, to Liverpool had also helped his game.

"I feel really strong - that is the advantage of playing in the Premier League," Kuyt said. "It is the physically toughest league in the world and you only get better and stronger from playing there."

IP IP Logged
thekfc
Quartermaster
Quartermaster

Saint-Lucia.gif, 0 kB United-States.gif, 0 kB

Quote thekfc Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2008 at 11:05pm
So far I am enjoying Euro 2008.  Happy
I wasn't surprise that Holland beat Italy   Clap
My money is on Holland to win it all with France my next choice.    Evil%20Smile
The France- Romania match was a good scoreless match & the leave a lot of potential what if.  Whistling
Those 4 teams in group C will "beat" each other up & may not have enough strength left for the next round.  LOL

So far both host countries have lost their opening game. I was expecting at least one of them to win their opener or at least tie.  Console

Germany looks Strong as always.    Clap
Portugal - they handles Turkey - now let see how they will perform against a stronger opponent.   Unsure

Let see how Group D teams will perform tomorrow. Question

Edited by thekfc - 09 June 2008 at 11:06pm
Everybody wants me to learn but no one is willing to teach me.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 09 June 2008 at 11:10pm
    my hero is **Ruud**
IP IP Logged
Page  of 3 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version