CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Tuesday, June 2, 2020 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
The Pirate Room
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : The Pirate Room
Message Icon Topic: Caribbean Choice Rocks - Share Your CC Experience Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 37 Next >>
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Online Status: Offline

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Topic: Caribbean Choice Rocks - Share Your CC Experience
    Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:22am

Immediately ... I love the interaction ... but what really interested me was the opportunity to meet friends from the Dutch and Spanish speaking islands as I rarely do here in Canada or the Caribbean for that matter ... and the Cooking and Festival sites are also great for staying connected with our culture ... Then, I met Roggy and my whole concept of roots changed ... now I know that love is where the heart is and may not be one's place of birth ... am grateful for CC ... thanks ... it is a beautiful thing ...

How did I find CC ... was looking for a recipe on line and it popped up and I got curious and the rest is history ...
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 9:36am
Great testimony, CE!

I came across CC when my first book came out in 2005. I was looking for message boards to post it on. I found CC and the rest is history. CC is a great forum. Good interaction. No one vying for more attention than the other. All nationalities share their culture. CC is a gigantic welcome mat, embracing one and all. CC is clean, no dirty laundry messing up the room.

Hip hip hooray! for CC. Bring out the bubbly and cake.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 10:12am
Yeah Sandy we really need to celebrate CC's accomplishment in a big way ... like you I do not care for the petty dramas either ... I say live and let live ...
Haven't had a chance to check out your books yet, but I will very soon as reading is one of my passion ... maybe your next book will use CC as the background since we are living the virtual world here ... maybe one of us will unknowingly fall in love with a billionaire and we will have a real CC wedding in the Caribbean!?!
Wouldn't that be something? LOL

IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 2:37pm
Yes, CE, that will be something. I wonder if one of us will fall in love with someone on CC. Harmac done taken so I lose out. Who else is in my age bracket? (Hey don't ask me my age, please).
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 2:51pm
You are too funny Sandy ... doesn't seem like older men are too into the internet ... it is more a younger generation thing ... I do have my reservations too, such as shopping on line ... my friends in banking have suggested that I have a separate account for such - I hear a lot of stories from them and it is not good, but never published ... that life - each generation has its own hurdles ... exciting at the same time ...

IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 2:57pm
True that, CE. I notice a lot of da young generation on forums. I was once on one ran by a 15 year old. I think it was a British (UK) forum. Those kids were so smart. There was one who corrected your spelling, grammar and everything. They were all in school. I think that I was the granny of that board. I stayed with them for a while and then disappeared. I can't even remember the name of the forum.
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 3:12pm

I even get a hard time from my own kids ... LOL ... they think am intruding on their territory ... am loving it ... it is important to stay young at heart ... good for the spirit ... look at all the fun we are having on CC ... wouldn't miss it for the world as they say ... Big%20smile

IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 3:19pm
Sure is to stay young at heart. I watch cartoons and other kiddie and young people shows. I even read childrens bookks.
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 5:19pm
Me too ... Big%20smile ... my favorite is Aesop Fables and Anansi Stories ... they are timeless and truly thought provoking ... those kids of today is like another breed ... LOL ... they know too much ... no more time of innocence any more  ... I do not like the Simpsons ... Bart needs to learn some respect for his parents ... can't stand the little fart ... but they do win a lot of awards ... spelling, even me forgetting how to spell ... thanks to spell check ... but I think it is our brain getting lazy with the internet - it isn't very mentally taxing ... hope we are not evolving into mush heads!?!

IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 29 Apr 2008 at 10:19pm
Originally posted by sandra

Great testimony, CE!

I came across CC when my first book came out in 2005. I was looking for message boards to post it on. I found CC and the rest is history. CC is a great forum. Good interaction. No one vying for more attention than the other. All nationalities share their culture. CC is a gigantic welcome mat, embracing one and all. CC is clean, no dirty laundry messing up the room.

Hip hip hooray! for CC. Bring out the bubbly and cake.
  sandy  we have to ask roggy 's mom  or  where is  weezie   ??? I like Pistacchio  cakeWink
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 37 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version