CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Monday, April 22, 2019 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Movies, Plays, Celebrities
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Movies, Plays, Celebrities
Message Icon Topic: What you think of Tiger's behaviour? Post Reply Post New Topic
Page  of 7 Next >>
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Online Status: Offline

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Topic: What you think of Tiger's behaviour?
    Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 12:36pm
I don't think anything about his behavior, CE. Some men are just not satisfied with their women. I'm sure that his wife is a beautiful woman, but he still went looking for other women. The Grubbs woman isn't even beautiful.   Just look at her surname. It shows that she's grubby. Anyway, she didn't have to go public with what they did in bed and how. If she'd cared one bit for him, she would have kept her mouth shut. She was in it for the money and for the chance to let the world know that she was having a fling with a celebrity. I feel for the man.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 15 Dec 2009 at 1:34pm
I agree Sandy ... They are all in it for the money ... including his wife ... sad that he lacks morals & values and could cost him a lot ... hope he learnt a big lesson ... sex addict you think? Or just greedy for booty ... LOL ... maybe he was never taught right from wrong in the things of the heart ... hard to be good at everything ...
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 6:23am
It's the booty, Citizen Eve. Most men are just batty about booties. They're causing women to get their death by trying to increase the size of their booty.

A woman in Argentina died after receiving injections to increase the size of her booty. I read about it just last week. Imagine, she was Miss Argentina, you know. If she was so lacking in booty she might not have won. She left two children to mourn her loss.

I think Tiger wanted to be in the limelight. Maybe he thought that he was not getting enough publicity. He should have learnt from Bill Clinton, Letterman and all the other celebrities who cheated on their spouses. What you do in darkness must come out in light.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 10:16am
So is it addiction or poor morals or just who he is ... 
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 11:51am
Just who he is, CE.

Anyway, the 'what do you think' thread was started by you. I'll alert Scott to the fact.
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 7:57pm
This is the most fair and reasonible artile I've seen since the fiasco!

The Associated Press,
Updated: December 16, 2009 3:42 PM

Tiger Woods named AP athlete of the decade

Tiger%20Woods%20watches%20a%20shot%20during%20the%20Presidents%20Cup%20golf%20tournament%20in%20Gainesville,%20Virginia,%20in%20this%20September%2022,%202005%20file%20photo.%20Woods%20said%20on%20December%2011%20he%20would%20take%20an%20indefinite%20break%20from%20professional%20golf,%20acknowledging%20the%20disappointment%20and%20hurt%20his%20infidelity%20had%20caused%20his%20family.%20I%20am%20deeply%20aware%20of%20the%20disappointment%20and%20hurt%20that%20my%20infidelity%20has%20caused%20to%20so%20many%20people,%20most%20of%20all%20my%20wife%20and%20children.%20I%20want%20to%20say%20again%20to%20everyone%20that%20I%20am%20profoundly%20sorry%20and%20that%20I%20ask%20forgiveness.%20It%20may%20not%20be%20possible%20to%20repair%20the%20damage%20Ive%20done,%20but%20I%20want%20to%20do%20my%20best%20to%20try,%20the%20worlds%20No.%201%20golfer%20said%20in%20a%20statement%20posted%20on%20his%20website.%20%20REUTERS/Shaun%20Best/Files%20%20%20%28UNITED%20STATES%20SPORT%20GOLF%29

UNITED STATES SPORT GOLF

Reuters

As sports go, it wasn’t close: Tiger Woods was famous for his golf long before he became infamous for his personal life.

For 10 incomparable years, no one ruled a sport like Woods. He won 64 tournaments, including 12 major championships. He hoisted a trophy on every continent where golf is played. And those 56 titles in one decade on the PGA Tour? Consider that only four of golf’s greatest players won more in their entire careers.

Even as a shocking sex scandal changed the way people look at Woods, the records he set could not be ignored.

Woods was selected Wednesday as the Athlete of the Decade by members of The Associated Press in a vote that was more about his performance on the course than the self-described transgressions as a person.

“The only reason I wouldn’t vote for Tiger Woods is because of the events of the last three weeks,” said Mike Strain, sports editor of the Tulsa (Okla.) World. “And I didn’t think that was enough to change my vote. I thought he was a transcendent sports figure.”

He received 56 of the 142 votes cast since last month by editors at U.S. newspapers that are members of the AP. More than half the ballots were returned after the Nov. 27 car accident outside his Florida home that set off sensational tales of infidelity.

Lance Armstrong, a cancer survivor who won the Tour de France six times this decade, finished second with 33 votes. He was followed by Roger Federer, who has won more Grand Slam singles titles than any other man, with 25 votes.

Record-setting Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps came in fourth with 13 votes, followed by New England quarterback Tom Brady (6) and world-record sprinter Usain Bolt (4). Five other athletes received one vote apiece.

Woods, who has not been seen since the accident and has issued only statements on his Web site, was not made available to comment about the award.

Seattle Times sports editor Don Shelton discussed the vote with his staff, which he said was torn among Woods, Armstrong and Federer. He voted for Woods in the early stages of the scandal.

“I’m not sure I would change my vote,” Shelton said. “I looked at him as an athlete, I really did. I separated him a little bit. If this had happened three years ago and his performance had dropped off, that’s a different factor.”

Allegations of rampant affairs starting come out just 10 days after Woods won the Australian Masters before record crowds for the 82nd worldwide victory of his career. He received a $3 million appearance fee in Australia, and the government estimated a return of $20 million from the number of fans Woods attracted.

Few other athletes changed their sport, from TV ratings to galleries to prize money.

A new image emerged quickly in the days following his middle-of-the-night accident, when he ran his SUV over a fire hydrant and into a tree. He became the butt of late-night TV jokes, eventually confessed to infidelity and lost a major sponsorship from Accenture.

“Seems an unlikely time to vote for him, but he had more influence and impact on the complete decade, 2000 to 2009, than any of the other athletes,” said Paul Vigna, sports editor of The (Harrisburg, Pa.) Patriot-News.

AP members found Woods’ work on the golf course over the last 10 years without much of a blemish. He took an early lead in the balloting, and continued to receive roughly the same percentage of votes throughout the process.

“Despite the tsunami of negative publicity that will likely tarnish his image, there’s no denying that Woods’ on-the-course accomplishments set a new standard of dominance within his sport while making golf more accessible to the masses,” wrote Stu Whitney, sports editor of the Sioux Falls (S.D.) Argus Leader. “The only proof needed are the television ratings when Tiger plays in a golf tournament, compared to those events when others have to carry the load.”

The fall was as spectacular as his rise.

Woods won the career Grand Slam three times over in the decade, the last of his 12 majors at the 2008 U.S. Open despite playing on a mangled left leg. He twice won the British Open at St. Andrews, the home of golf, by a combined 13 shots.

“It seems like everybody has jumped on the ’slay Tiger’ bandwagon,” said Dan Lebowitz, executive director at the Center for the Study of Sport in Society at Northeastern University. “I understand the dynamics around that. But I’d also like people to recognize how great he operated under a microscope for a long period of time.”

Woods won more than one-third of all the tournaments he played this decade, an unprecedented rate in golf. Nine of his victories were by at least eight shots. He was No. 1 in the world ranking for all but 32 weeks in the decade.

He did his best work in the biggest events. Along with his 12 majors this decade — he has 14 overall, four short of the record held by Jack Nicklaus — Woods was runner-up in six other majors. He won 14 times out of 27 appearances in the World Golf Championships.

Woods finished the decade with $81,547,410 in earnings from his PGA Tour events, an average of $482,529 per tournament.

“No athlete dominated a particular sport the way Tiger Woods did this decade,” said Phil Kaplan, deputy sports editor at the Knoxille (Tenn.) News-Sentinel.

IP IP Logged
Scott
Administrator
Administrator
CaribbeanChoice Staff

Conch Republic Texas.gif, 0 kB

Quote Scott Replybullet Posted: 16 Dec 2009 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by sandra

Just who he is, CE.

Anyway, the 'what do you think' thread was started by you. I'll alert Scott to the fact.

Unfortunately since her post had two topics in it, and a post can only be in one place, I had to leave it in the other thread, since I think it made more sense there.  The first person to post in a thread is the thread starter, but since I did not move her post, this one does not reflect that.  It doesn't really effect anything other than the named displayed and I think we have established that Citizen Eve (CE) started the thread.

To better organize the forum, I will occasionally move posts around, especially if they are off-topic and deserve a thread of their own.  To avoid this, post new topics as new topics.  I know I didn't give you guys any warning, but now that I am back daily, I will be enforcing the on-topic rule more often.  It helps people find conversations they want to be a part of.

If you want to talk more about his, please start a new topic if someone hasn't already.  Thank you.

Thanks, and back to Tiger Woods.
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
WisTex | Complete Hosting Guide
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 5:56am
That's ok, Scott. CE asked the question first, so....

But no sweat. We're all one grande family.
IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 9:53am
Sandy ... and Scott ... does not really matter to me who posted first ... am here for the ride!
It did occur to me though, that you must be a woman of substance Sandy to take the time to acknowledge that fact ... says a lot of your character ... I admire that ... it is a good thing girl ...
Secondly, I find life to be a lot more fun when spontaneous ... I hate the rigid and too much "red tape" ... lets put the energy where it matters ... for me, its all about the conversation ... one that flows ... is funny and lessons to grow ... an adventure of sorts and not too preplanned ... thats living!
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 17 Dec 2009 at 1:00pm
I am sure if  *My Tigerito Woods*  has won the Big Lotto......Than People will say....OMG....Tiger Woods...he  has a Huge Account  !!!!

I am sure if  *My Tigerito Woods*  has won another Trophy....than People will say....OMG......Black People...Ohhhh...Tiger Woods......He again !!!

I am sure....That noone knows the truth what exactly happened on  that  day or that night....But you know  what ...My Tigerito is not  the only one who can make a mistake....maybe a *stupid mistake*  but he  did  something that maybe ..wasnot  necesarry to be such a *HUGE NEWS*....
But  he  will accept any speculation...like  he will accept another Torphy.....but  please people  ...Don't judge no body...because  ..someday...you also can be judged .....by the one and only who can judge you ....me...many others !!!

Edited by vutjebal - 17 Dec 2009 at 1:08pm
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
Page  of 7 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version