CaribbeanChoice.com
   HOME |  Carnival |  Recipes |  Gourmet Shop |  Islands |  Games |  Market |  News |  Links |  Events |  Articles |  Forums  |  Search 

Forum Categories
 Main Menu

Popular Forums 

Newsletters 

Food 

Caribbean Corner 

Feedback   
Tell us what you think!
Tell us what you want!

Saturday, February 22, 2020 

Active TopicsActive Topics  Display List of Forum MembersMemberlist  CalendarCalendar  Search The ForumSearch  HelpHelp
  RegisterRegister  LoginLogin
Religion, Theology & Spirituality
 CaribbeanChoice : General Discussion : Religion, Theology & Spirituality
Message Icon Topic: **The Sabbath Day** Post Reply Post New Topic
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Online Status: Offline

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 01 Apr 2011 at 7:48pm
we believe God wants you to know ... that God is there in the midst of the chaos.

When everything in life turns upside down, remember that you are in the hands of the Creator. Look to God, and you'll always know which way is up.
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 2:54am
we believe God wants you to know ... that you matter.

People need you. People you love and even people you have never met are depending on you. You matter to God as well. No one else can be the person you were created to be. Do not think for a minute that you are not important; - the world needs you. God needs you.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 02 Apr 2011 at 2:55am

Exodus 20:15 – You shall not steal

You shall not steal – Exodus 20:15

When someone steals something, in essence they are being their own provider. They are thinking, “God has not taken good enough care of me, so I will have to supply this for myself…” We are not keeping God first in our life when we steal. Stealing betrays the fact that we think we can provide for ourselves in ways that are better and richer than God! We put our provision for self above his-in essence making our self into a god over our lives. Also, when we want something that God has not yet chosen to provide in our life, and we want it bad enough to steal for it, we have made that thing into an idol. “I must have it!” We have effectively placed that “god”, and our own desires, before God and his perfect will and provision in our life. So we see that stealing something is not just a matter of it being wrong to take something that is not ours, but it’s an offense to our good and generous God.

IP IP Logged
Citizen Eve
Privateer
Privateer

Grenada.gif, 0 kB Canada.gif, 0 kB

Quote Citizen Eve Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 11:39am

... Sandra ... you mean we can work the scriptures to suit us ... Wink ... I'lll be darn ...
"the time is always ripe to do right", Nelson Mandela.
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 5:00pm

Exodus 20:16 – You shall not give false testimony

You shall not give false testimony against your neighbor. – Exodus 20:16

Lying distorts reality. We give a false testimony, or tell a lie about something, to change someone’s perception. It may be a person’s opinion of us, our abilities or strength. It may be to change their perception of another person. Either way, we are trying to be “God” in the situation. We are actually taking control over another person’s mind and emotions when we tell lies. Lying is an offense to God because he has commanded that we have no other gods before him-including us! If we believe and trust God to love and care for us in all things, we never have to lie to try and manipulate the circumstances. We only lie because we do not believe God is big enough to handle a given situation, so we take control of people and things with our words. We act like we are God in the situation. Trust that God is ‘large and in charge’ of everything in your life. Allow him to be your defender and you will no longer need to lie.

IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 5:04pm
we believe God wants you to know ... that it's a sin to miss an opportunity to bless and to praise another being.

When you see another doing something wonderful, or simply being breathtaking, come out of your shell and let them know how inspiring they are. Yes, even if it's a total stranger. Do not miss these opportunities to let God's grace flow through you.
IP IP Logged
sandra
Privateer
Privateer

Dominica.gif, 0 kB

Quote sandra Replybullet Posted: 03 Apr 2011 at 5:59pm
Originally posted by Citizen Eve

... Sandra ... you mean we can work the scriptures to suit us ... Wink ... I'lll be darn ...

Everyone else is doing so, CE. Who said that Saturday was the sabbath day? Anyone can see that Sunday is the day of worship and rest.
I asked for all things so that I might enjoy life; I was given life so that I might enjoy all things
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:52am
we believe God wants you to know ... that God will give you everything you need once you are ready to receive.

God is abundant and is only waiting for you to make yourself ready to receive what you truly need. Think now what can you do to make yourself ready?
IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 04 Apr 2011 at 11:53am

Exodus 20:17 – You shall not covet

You shall not covet your neighbor’s house. You shall not covet your neighbor’s wife, or his manservant or maidservant, his ox or donkey, or anything that belongs to your neighbor. – Exodus 20:17

The word covet does not come up in everyday language much. But it certainly is a part of everyday life! The definition for coveting is: to desire wrongfully, inordinately, or without due regard for the rights of others. Behind this is a heart of ingratitude, selfishness and a belief that God has somehow withheld something from us. “I sure wish I had one of those… or, “why isn’t my spouse more like them…or, “why do I have to stay in this job…?”

Wanting what we don’t have displays that we are not satisfied with God’s provision in our life. “I deserve better than this!” And, “I know what I need better than God does.” When we believe that God is infinitely good, and we remember that he alone is sovereign, we can set all coveting aside. Another way of translating this command would be, “Be satisfied with what your generous God has given you!”

IP IP Logged
vutjebal
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral
Welcome Committee

Aruba.GIF, 0 kB

Quote vutjebal Replybullet Posted: 05 Apr 2011 at 1:14am

Matthew 4:8-10 – Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only

Again, the devil took him to a very high mountain and showed him all the kingdoms of the world and their splendor. “All this I will give you,” he said, “if you will bow down and worship me.” Jesus said to him, “Away from me, Satan! For it is written: ‘Worship the Lord your God, and serve him only.’” – Matthew 4:8-10 (NIV)

Satan tempts Jesus with unparalleled power, but in a stunning reversal of the Garden of Eden, Jesus resists temptation and stands on the word of God. Whether Satan could give Jesus the kingdoms of the world and their splendor is a debatable point, but it didn’t matter to Jesus. He was destined to have those kingdoms anyway, but not through a deal with the devil. As Jesus obeyed the Father all the way to the cross, God would establish the name of Jesus above every other name. How about us? Are we trying to cut corners to get to our dreams, or are we willing to surrender to God and trust Him?

IP IP Logged
<< Prev Page  of 4 Next >>
Post Reply Post New Topic
Printable version Printable version