Forum Discription: Discussions and Information ab
URL: http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/forums/forum_posts.asp?TID=76495
Printed Date: 23 Oct 2020 at 4:58pm

Topic: New Years Eve
Posted By: Scott
Subject: New Years Eve
Date Posted: 30 Nov 2006 at 8:54pm
Happy New Years Eve!

So, are you going to party harty, or have a quiet night with someone special?

-------------
Scott M. Stolz
CaribbeanChoice.com. Inc. Staff
http://www.wistex.com/ - WisTex | http://www.completehostingguide.com/ - Complete Hosting Guide

Replies:
Posted By: vutjebal
Date Posted: 01 Dec 2006 at 4:06am
On the 31st dec...from 8.00 p.m. start  the nite for me and only ME  till 00.10 a.m.Wink

-------------
It is better to take refuge in the LORD than to trust in man.

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2006 at 8:09am
I'm not even sure where I'll be on New Years at this point.

-------------
Scott M. Stolz
http://www.wistex.com/ - WisTex | http://www.completehostingguide.com/ - Complete Hosting Guide

Date Posted: 01 Dec 2006 at 8:10pm
maybe in Austin?Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2006 at 1:43am
Probably not.  Most likely Houston.

-------------
Scott M. Stolz

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2006 at 5:37am
oops  that is  a day  to go loose...(wild)??Party%20HatWink

-------------

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2006 at 11:35am
Actually I've never even been to a New Year's Eve party.  Most of the my past jobs were IT related and either in the evening or at night.  Most New Years I signed up and worked overtime, so I was at work many New Years Eves and New Years Days.  After years of doing that, I never really got into the tradition of partying on New Years Eve, even though I won't be working on New Years anymore.

-------------
Scott M. Stolz

Date Posted: 02 Dec 2006 at 12:40pm
I always  stay home , but  at  11.55 p.m. I'm standing  outside the house...with my bottle  and  feel blessed. Wink

-------------

Posted By: weezie
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 4:49am
I empty every garbage pail in my house at 11:30pm...Turn off my phone. Then I go take a shower (until after 12), jump in my bed...Leave the phone off all day January 1st.  Evil%20Smile Feel soooo good !

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 6:47am
Noooooooooo Weezie  ...try  this  year  to be outside your house at 12.00  and  before that  you know  it  just take  a  DESPOJO...LOLNod Tradition.Oh%20My

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 9:11am
Originally posted by vutjebal

Noooooooooo Weezie  ...try  this  year  to be outside your house at 12.00  and  before that  you know  it  just take  a  DESPOJO...LOLNod Tradition.Oh%20My
 I have a relative who insists that you have to do that...But my point of view is: If I had a good year, why would I want to chase away those vibes or spirits. No, I want them to stick around next year.
If you had a good year...NO DESPOJO!Big%20smile

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 9:14am
Isn't me  telling  you , its what  they  used  to say...Nod

-------------

Posted By: sandra
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 9:59am
I'm not thinking about NEw year. I do not even know if I'll wake up tomorrow morning.

Hoe the saying go:: man propose, God dispose.

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 10:07am
that is  true sandyyyy....like  they say in Dutch...PLUK DE DAG.......with the day ..I will make  it  everyday....I am not A  PLANNING person...if I open my eyes  and  see the daylight  than I will think(not planning) what I am going to do that day.Cool I have worked so hard  to have  what i had ..and I still not happy  so  now  i have  my FREEDOM...now  I feel Happy peacefull person.Wink

-------------

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 10:19am
way to go, vutje. as long as we wake up the following morning, we know that we ara alive and can do anything we want to do for that day. When I check the obituary section in the newspaper and see people my age in there, I'm so grateful that I can even buy and read the newspaper. Sometimes we moan and groan about our problems, but we fail to realize that there are people with more drastic problems than we here. I know, I know. When we are going through what we think is the worst, we do not think about others. I can relate to that because I'm the same.

Posted By: ilam96
Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 1:39pm
wats a despojo...i know what it means in spanish...is it related?

-------------
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."

Date Posted: 03 Dec 2006 at 1:40pm
ilam   if  its  the  same  meaning     YEPes..... Nod

-------------

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 1:54am
There is another saying:

Want to make God laugh?  Tell him your plans. Big%20smile

But age is also in the mind as much as the body.

The key to living a long and happy life is to stay mentally young.  My grandmother is alive, alert and active... and she is 83 years old, and runs around with her 30 something year old grandson having a whipped cream fight at every family reunion.  She is young at heart.  She has more energy than some of my aunts which are her own children!

If you think about death and dying, you will die sooner than if you think about life and living.  I avoid the obituaries because I have no intention of dying any time soon.

Well, I don't plan on dying actually, but I think God would definately laugh at that one.

Originally posted by ilam96

wats a despojo...i know what it means in spanish...is it related?

What does it mean in English? Wink

-------------
Scott M. Stolz

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 5:17am
Good for you, Scott. As the saying goes - 'everybody want to go to heaven but no one wants to die'.   Or something like that.

So you don't read the obituaries, Scott. I don't watch the news on the telly or radio. Too depressing. It's depressing reading the obits, but I have to know who's dead and who's still alive.

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 5:38am
I think a better way to check would be talking to them periodically.

-------------
Scott M. Stolz

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 6:29am
Welll....I'm not looking to see if any of my friends pass away, Scott. Just other people that I know or see around the place.

Posted By: ilam96
Date Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 7:50am
Originally posted by Scott

despojo is to strip, take away, remove...usually used with belongings, esp. riches, or material stuff (like clothes)

-------------
"I cried because I had no shoe, until I met a man with no feet."

Date Posted: 04 Dec 2006 at 5:50pm
Originally posted by ilam96

Originally posted by Scott

despojo is to strip, take away, remove...usually used with belongings, esp. riches, or material stuff (like clothes)
Oh%20MyConfused

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 1:05am
Despojo In this case, is a ritual...It means to cleanse, to expel evil from your home and your body...To get rid of whatever is keeping you 'down' or unlucky.
Therefore around 11:30pm you prepare a bath with some concoction designed to shoo the evil spirits away, so you can begin the New Year with happiness and prosperity Dry...You also burn stinky stuff to get the spirit upset; mek him run out the house...

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 7:40am
so tell us what to prepare, weezie. and what is the stinky stuff? Not dog doo doo, I hope. Anyway, I'm chock-full of bad luck for quite a number of years now. I need some good luck starting right now. Pronto!!!    

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 7:50am
Sandy  good morning....LMAO

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 11:08am
Originally posted by sandra

so tell us what to prepare, weezie. and what is the stinky stuff? Not dog doo doo, I hope. Anyway, I'm chock-full of bad luck for quite a number of years now. I need some good luck starting right now. Pronto!!!    

Sandra you gonna have toTelephonethe Santeria people for that one...
I think some people just go 'bush picking' and improvising.
I don't deal with anything I cannot control.
I have seen people tumble down in the street; because a spiritual friend knock'em down...
No drama for me, I will stick to Jesus, he cool Wink
I think the old folks call the stinky thing:asafoetida
(Ilam help! -derikli Dead)

Just crush some rose petals or buy some patchouli and put it in your bath (I like flowery scents)...
Just smelling good, you will attract good stuff Big%20smile
incense ?...
I know someone who claims that when she burns incense her dead ex shows up in her dream Shocked  Don't know if that's good or bad.

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 11:14am
I just  started  with a j/kClown DESPOJO Silly  and   Weezie  what is  asafoetida....Confused

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 12:03pm
Originally posted by weezie

Originally posted by sandra

so tell us what to prepare, weezie. and what is the stinky stuff? Not dog doo doo, I hope. Anyway, I'm chock-full of bad luck for quite a number of years now. I need some good luck starting right now. Pronto!!!    [IMG]smileys/ohmy.gif" align="middle" />
Sandra you gonna have to[IMG]smileys/yellow-telephone.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Telephone" />the Santeria people for that one...I think some people just go 'bush picking' and improvising.I don't deal with anything I cannot control.I have seen people tumble down in the street; because a spiritual friend knock'em down...No drama for me, I will stick to Jesus, he cool [IMG]smileys/smiley2.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Wink" />I think the old folks call the stinky thing:asafoetida (Ilam help! -derikli [IMG]smileys/smiley11.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Dead" />)Just crush some rose petals or buy some patchouli and put it in your bath (I like flowery scents)...Just smelling good, you will attract good stuff [IMG]smileys/smiley4.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Big%20smile" />incense ?...I know someone who claims that when she burns incense her dead ex shows up in her dream [IMG]smileys/smiley3.gif" align="absmiddle" alt="Shocked" />  Don't know if that's good or bad.

Thank you, weezie. I know what asafeteda is. It is the stinky stuff. If the dead give a number to play and you win the lotto, then seeing the dead in your dream is good. If they just show up with no peace offering, then they should not interrupt your dream. (Not you, weezie).

I light candles when I say my prayers. The more light, the better for Jesus to see you.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 12:05pm

Sandy  good morning....[IMG]http://www.caribbeanchoice.com/forums/smileys/smilielol.gif" height="27" width="29" align="absmiddle" alt="LMAO" />

Good morning, vutjebal. See what I'm doing so early in the morning? Asking for recipe for bush bath.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 12:12pm
Its okay....Weezie  will give it(recipe)  for  free  no charges.....LMAO  There  is  no  better way... then   at  12.00  to jump into  the  sea.Shocked..Some people  jump into the water .... just  with Their   Traje de ADAM/EVEOh%20MyWink

-------------

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 12:20pm
Not me, vutjebal. I ain't jumping into no sea at midnight. You can't see the sharks and gators.

Date Posted: 05 Dec 2006 at 4:35pm

Sandy Nopes...LMAO I am j/kClown   its  on the 1st daylight....Blink

-------------

Posted By: Snowflake
Date Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 8:46am

Its okay....Weezie  will give it(recipe)  for  free  no charges.....LMAO  There  is  no  better way... then   at  12.00  to jump into  the  sea.Shocked..Some people  jump into the water .... just  with Their   Traje de ADAM/EVEOh%20MyWink

New Year Swimming - I like this tradition!Nod

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 11:44am
 I have seen that "jumping into the water thing"...Smile
Another piece I have just learned:
"Let the New Year ring in holding a piece of gold or silver coin in your hand; or putting a penny(or other money) on your windowsill to attract prosperity...

Any other?

-------------

Date Posted: 06 Dec 2006 at 12:47pm
I always  do it  like this  outside the house  waiting  for 12.00  and open the bottle of champagne (i will shake it before open it) and guess ...you know who get first and  then cheers.. thanking God for  everything and ask him for  a better  and a healthy 2007Wink

-------------

Posted By: txbebe
Date Posted: 16 Apr 2008 at 7:59pm
happy new years

Print Page | Close Window