St. Barthélemy: Events
What is happening in St. Barthélemy:
The St. Barthélemy year is marked by a number of festive events from Carnival and Calypso celebrations to International fishing tournaments and weekly street parties.
- New Year's Day - January 1 - Public holiday
- Three Kings Day - January 6 - Epiphany cake served at all fetes
- St. Barth Music Festival - January 11
The St. Barth Music Festival is one of the more popular events in St. Barthélemy at which there is classical music and dance at Gustavia and Lorient churches.
- School Carnival Parade
- Ash Wednesday
The Carnival is conducted during the month of February and it marks the beginning of Mardi Gras. There are costumed parades concluding with the burning of King Vaval at Shell Beach.
- Easter Holidays - Good Friday Easter Sunday Easter Monday (the Easter Holidays are either late March or early April)
- Easter Sunday and Easter Monday - Religious and Public Holiday
- Caribbean Film Festival - one week
- Labour Day - May 1 - Public Holiday
- Annual Archery Contest
- Armistice Day - May 8 - Public Holiday
- Assumption - May 9 - Catholic Holiday (many businesses are closed)
- Mothers Day
- Pentecost weekend - Public and religious holiday
- Fishing Contest organized by Ocean Must
- Bastille Day - July 14 - Public Holiday
- St. Barths Volleyball Cup
- Fete des quartier du Nord - Flamands
- Fete du vent - Regatta, music and fire2works at Lorient
- Assumption Day and St. Barth's Peter Day - August 15 - Religious and Public holiday which commemorates the special. relationship between St. Barth and Pitea, Sweden.
- Feast of Gustavia - August 17 - Regattas, dancing and fireworks at Quai du General de Gaulle.
- Feast of St. Barthélemy - Patron Saint Feast Day, church and official ceremonies, regattas, public ball and fireworks in Gustavia.
- All Saints Day - November 1 - Religious and Public Holiday
- Armistice Day - November 11 - Public Holiday
- Swedish Marathon - Traditional annual race for runners from all over the world
Armistice Day is celebrated on November 11 as it celebrates the commemoration of the end of World War I.
- Mondial Villes - International marble shooting competition organized by a radio station
- Christmas Day - December 25 - Public Holiday