Preparation Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ cup ham slices
- 2 medium sweet peppers
- 1 cup GRACE WHOLE KERNEL CORN
- 1 large ripe plantain
- 1 cup GRACE RICE (cooked)
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. GRACE VEGETABLE OIL
- 4 tsp. GRACE WHITE CANE VINEGAR
- 8 lettuce leaves
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Cook and dice chicken breasts, dice ham slices.
- Chop sweet peppers (red and green) and drain corn.
- Put firm ripe unpeeled plantain on a baking sheet, bake in the oven for 20 minutes until plantain is soft but not mushy.
- Cool plantain remove skin and dice.
- In a bowl, combine diced plantain, chicken, ham, cooked rice, corn and sweet peppers.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Mix in oil and vinegar.
- Chill and serve on lettuce leaves.
Method Note: Boil plantain if it is the only food item you will be lighting your oven for.
Hot rolls with plenty of butter goes well with this salad.