- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 green or red bell pepper, chopped
- 3 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mango chutney
- 1/4-cup pine nuts, dry roasted and ground
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 cup Scotch bonnet or hot sauce
- 1 medium chicken cut into 8 pieces (2 wings, 2 thighs, 2 legs, and 2 breasts)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the garlic in the olive oil for about 2 minutes. Add the onion and sauté an additional 5 minutes. Add the pepper and sauté another 5 minutes. Add the tomatoes and sauté, covered for 20 minutes. Uncover, add the remaining sauce ingredients and simmer for 5 minutes. Transfer to a blender and puree.
Smoke grill the chicken until half done, brush the parts with the sauce, and continue smoke-grilling until done.