- 1 8 oz. Tuna steak
- 1Cup Seasoned flour
- 1 Cup egg wash
- 3 cups Fry shortening
- Sauce Served Aside for Dipping
- 1 Scotch Bonnet diced small, Brumoise deseeded
- 6 oz. Orange juice reduced by boiling to 3 oz. - 50 percent by volume
- 1 Garlic clove diced small Brumoise
- 3 oz. Whole lightly salted butter
- Accompanied by Steamed Callaloo
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Procedure: Batter Tuna by Flour then egg wash then flour, then egg wash and final flour. Procedure's 3 Flour & 2 Egg Wash Fry in 350-degree oil till Golden Brown outside, internal temperature could vary from 100-140 F depending on your preference. You may fry till golden brown. Remove from oil to paper towel to drain grease and finish in the oven. - Set Aside.
Sauce: Reduce scotch bonnet and garlic in orange juice and reduce 50% in volume. Add chilled butter and whisk until butter is melted and sauce has just begun to boil. Steam Callaloo for 4 minutes to lemon juice.
Serving: Lay out steam calalloo on plate. Place cooked fish atop. Sauce should be served aside in a Gooseneck or sauce ramekin of your style. Garnish with segments of orange.