- 1 Cut up chicken (3 1/2 lbs)
- 1 Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 tbs. Olive oil
- 1/2 cup Onion - chopped
- 1/2 cup Green pepper - chopped
- 1 Jalapeno pepper - seeds removed & chopped
- 1 large clove Garlic - minced
- 1 teaspoon Cumin - ground
- 1 medium Tomato - peeled & chopped
- 1 tbs. Lemon juice
- 1 can Black Beans (15 oz)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Sprinkle chicken with freshly ground pepper to taste. In a 12 inch skillet, sauté chicken in olive oil about three minutes on each side; remove from pan. To pan drippings, add onion, green pepper, jalapeno pepper and garlic.
Cook two minutes, or until onions are softened. Stir in cumin, tomatoes, lemon juice and black beans. Return chicken to pan; cover and simmer 20 minutes. Remove lid and continue to cook until chicken is done and juices run clear, about 10 minutes.
Serve with rice.