- 1 loaf Italian bread cut into 3 sections then halved lengthways to make 6 pieces
- 75 g (3 oz) smoked ham, fried bacon or sausage cut into small pieces (meat is optional)
- 150 g (6 oz) Mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Walkerswood Jerk Seasoning
- 10 ml (2 tsp) virgin olive oil
- Black olives, halved
- Fresh coriander, chopped
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Mix Jerk Seasoning and olive oil then spread a thin layer on each portion of bread. Sprinkle each with garlic. Top with tomato, 1/2 of ham, then cheese, then remaining ham, if desired. Cook under a pre-heated grill (lowest level) for 4-5 minutes until golden.
Garnish with black olives and coriander. Serve hot with a mixed salad.
Tip: By using small slices of bread this dish can be served as an appetizer.