Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 3.5 - 4 hours
6 kgs. turkey
3 Tbsps. Grace Jerk Seasoning
½ cup honey
2 Tbsps. lemon juice
¼ cup soy sauce
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Remove neck and giblets from turkey.
- Rinse with cold water and pat dry inside and out.
- Carefully loosen skin over breast and tops of legs using fingers without tearing the skin.
- Combine Grace Jerk Seasoning, honey, lemon juice, and soy sauce and rub onto turkey and allow to marinate.
- Allow stuffing to cool completely before filling the turkey cavity just before roasting.
- Place turkey in roasting tin and add water. Brush evenly with oil. Bake at 180° C for 30 minutes, then reduce temperature to 160°C for 3½ hours.
- After one hour, cover turkey with foil so skin does not darken too much.
- Turkey is ready when it is golden brown and the juice runs clear when pierced in the drumstick joint with a fork.
To Serve: Serve with gravy, roast potatoes, brussels sprouts and glazed carrots.