Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
Serves: 8 slices
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. GRACE INSTANT COFFEE
- 1¼ cup hot water
- 1¼ cup red wine
- 1 cup raisins
- 4 Tbsps. GRACE SEVILLE ORANGE MARMALADE
- ½ cup GRACE HELLO SOFT MARGARINE
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 2¼ cups GRACE COUNTER FLOUR
- 4 tsps. baking powder
- 2 Tbsps. GRACE BROWNING
- 2 Tbsps. brandy
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F). Mix Grace Instant Coffee in 1¼ cups of hot water and set aside.
- Combine sugar, mixed coffee, red wine, raisins, Grace Seville Orange Marmalade, Grace Hello Soft Margarine, salt and nutmeg.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for 2 minutes. Allow to cool.
- Combine all dry ingredients, make a well in the centre and pour in liquid mixture.
- Add browning and mix well. Pour mixture into a greased and lined 24 cm cake pan.
- Place cake pan in a container 1/3 full with water and place on the lower shelf of the oven.
- Bake until done or a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Cool and pour on brandy.