Preparation Time: 30 minutes
- 2 pounds fresh, firm, boneless, white-flesh fish fillet
- 1 quart water
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 onion, diced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 4 tablespoons margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon annatto powder
- freshly ground black pepper
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In a large saucepan, boil fish in salted water for 20 minutes.
- Remove fish and flake.
- Saute celery, bell pepper, onion and basil leaves in margarine for 3 minutes, stirring.
- Add flaked fish and cook over low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in annatto powder and freshly ground pepper.