Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour (bake)
- 2½ kgs. pork loin roast
- 1/2 tsp. garlic
- 1/3 cup lime juice/seville orange juice
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Use a sharp knife to cut thin slits all over the pork roast, and into these slits rub or insert minced or slivered garlic.
- Using a pastry brush, lightly brush lime juice or seville (sour) orange juice on all parts of the roast, and sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper.
- In preheated 270°C oven, sear the roast for 20 minutes bone side down. Then reduce oven heat to 180°C/350°F until pork is done to your taste, usually about one hour.
- Baste pork roast frequently with the lime juice or orange juice, starting when the heat is reduced, and being certain not to overcook the roast.
- Allow to stand out of the oven for 10 minutes, prior to carving.