Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35 minutes
Country: Not Applicable
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 2 medium carrot
- 2 cups GRACE BLACK EYE PEAS
- 3 cups GRACE PUMPKIN BEEF SOUP MIX
- 2 Tbsp. GRACE HELLO SOFT MARGARINE
- 1/4 cup GRACE COCONUT MILK
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tsps. scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 cups GRACE RICE
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Crush garlic, chop onion, peel carrots and cut in cubes set aside.
- Drain Grace Black Eye Peas and strain broth from Grace Pumpkin Beef Soup Mix.
- Heat Grace Hello Soft Margarine in a heavy pot.
- Add garlic and onion and saute for 2 minutes until seasonings are limp.
- Add escallion, carrots, Grace Black Eye Peas, broth, Grace Coconut Milk, cinnamon powder and hot pepper. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat, and stir in Grace Rice. Cover and simmer gently over low heat until liquid is absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Fluff with a fork then serve.