Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups cold water
- 1 1/2 cups corn-meal
- 1 tsp. salt
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups boiling water & 1 tbs. butter
- Bring to a brisk boil over high heat and cook for three minutes.
- Continue cooking an additional three minutes, stirring the funchi vigorously with a wooden spoon or palu di funchi.
- When the mixture is very stiff and pulls away from the sides of the pan, remove from the fire.
- Turn out in to a deep, well-buttered bowl and cover with a plate. Now shake the funchi down in the bowl, then invert it on a serving platter.