Cooking Time: 35 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 stalk celery, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped dry roasted peanut
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In medium sauce pan, melt butter over medium heat.
- Add onion and celery and sauté 5 minutes.
- Stir in flour and mix until well blended.
- Gradually stir in chicken broth. Stirring to keep mixture smooth, simmer 30 minutes.
- Remove from heat and strain. Return liquid to heat and stir in peanut butter, sherry, lemon juice and salt.
- Heat through and serve garnished with chopped peanuts.