Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 cup long grain rice
- 1 (14 ounces) can unsweetened coconut milk.
- salt and black pepper, freshly ground (optional)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In a large saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add the onion and curry powder and saute for 5 minutes, or until the onion is soft. Then, stir in the rice until coated with butter.
- Vigorously shake the can of coconut milk. Then, add the entire contents to the rice and stir until evenly blended. Increase heat and bring the mixture to a boil.
- Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer gently for 15-20 minutes, until the coconut milk is absorbed. Add salt and pepper if you wish.
- This rice dish goes especially well with curries.