Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 1 kg. yellow yam
- 1 medium onion
- 1 stalk escallion
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 125 grams cheddar cheese
- 1 can GRACE ACKEES IN SALTED WATER
- 1 can GRACE CALLALOO IN SALTED WATER
- 1 Tbsp. GRACE HELLO SOFT MARGARINE
- 1 tsp. salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp. GRACE VEGETABLE OIL
- paprika (optional)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Peel and cook yam. Reserve liquid from yam. Chop onion, escallion, tomatoes and grate cheese. Drain Grace Ackees and Grace Callaloo.
- Crush yam with Grace Hello Soft Margarine, salt, pepper and reserved liquid.
- Heat one tablespoon oil in a frying pan, and saute onions, escallion and ackees. Set aside.
- In a greased casserole dish, add a layer of callaloo, then a layer of ackees, and crushed yam, topped off with grated cheese.
- Place in an oven 350°F until cheese melts and colour is light and brown.
If desired sprinkle with paprika before placing in the oven.