Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Country: United States
- 1 1/2 cups GRACE CORNMEAL
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 3 medium egg
- 1 1/2 cups cream style corn
- 6 ozs. (180 g) natural yoghurt
- 1/4 cup corn oil
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 Tbsp. GRACE HOT PEPPER SAUCE
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Heat oven to 350° F / 180° C.
- Grease baking pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, corn, yoghurt, and oil.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scrape 1/2 the batter into prepared baking pan, sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese and pepper.
- Add the remaining batter, sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and pepper.
- Bake until golden brown.
Serve with Grilled Cold Cuts and your favourite soup.
A staple dish with roots in the southern United States.
Variations: Add garlic or your favourite herbs and spices for that unique taste.