Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup coconut milk
- 6 Tbsps. soft margarine, melted
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- 6 Tbsps. raisins, floured
- 1/2 small coconut, peeled and grated
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven at 350°F/180°C
- Sift dry ingredients in a bowl.
- Combine sugar, beaten egg, coconut milk, melted margarine, vanilla, raisins and grated coconut.
- Scrape mixture on a floured board and knead lightly to form a dough.
- Shape dough and place into a greased loaf pan and bake for 45 minutes or until done.
Coconut bread can be served with your favourite cheese, jelly or jam.
An ideal snack item for high tea or mid morning snack
Floured raisins are raisins that are lightly coated with flour to prevent sinking to the bottom of the mixture.