Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 minutes
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soft margarine
- 1 1/2 cups grated pumpkin
- 4 medium egg whites, beaten
- 2 cups flour, sifted
- 1 1/2 cups oats
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder, sifted
- 2 tsps. baking soda
- 2 tsps. cinnamon powder
- 1/2 cup raisins
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Heat oven to 180° C / 350° F.
- Cream sugar and soft margarine until fluffy.
- Mix in grated pumpkin and egg whites.
- Combine flour, 1 1/4 cups oats and remaining ingredients.
- Gradually add to pumpkin mixture and mix.
An interesting combination of oats and pumpkin for a dessert.
An ideal item for lunch box or tea time.
Variations: Squash or carrots can be substituted for pumpkin.