Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 36 minutes
- 3 ozs. (90 grams) soft margarine
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 tsp. salt & pepper mix
- 2 tsps. GRACE TOMATO KETCHUP
- 2 ozs. (60 grams) cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 can tuna
- 1/4 cup stuffed olives (optional)
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven 350°F /180° C. Grease one 8" casserole dish.
- Melt 2 ounces of margarine in a sauce pan over medium heat and sauté onion.
- Add milk, and when hot, stir in sweet pepper, Grace Tomato Ketchup and cheese.
- Stir until smooth and well blended.
- In a greased casserole dish, layer cooked rice, tuna, olives and cheese sauce, finish with rice.
- Dot with remaining margarine, sprinkle on paprika and bake uncover for about 30 minutes or until done.
Serve with lettuce, cucumber and tomato salad for a complete dinner idea.
This is a fishy version of a cheesy casserole.