Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 40-50 minutes
- 1 stalk escallion, chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 3 1/4 lbs. (3 kg) chicken, cut into 8 serving pieces
- 1 cup guava pulp, chopped
- 1/2 cup GRACE TOMATO KETCHUP
- 1/4 whole ginger
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 cup guava juice
- 4 cups water
- 1/4 cup white cane vinegar
- 11/2 tsp. black pepper
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C.
- Blend chopped escallion, onion and garlic with vegetable oil.
- Season chicken with blended seasonings and leave to marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Place chicken on a greased baking sheet and put to bake for about 40 minutes.
- To make guava sauce, combine guava pulp, Grace Tomato Ketchup, ginger, sugar, guava juice, water and vinegar then put to boil for 15 minutes.
- After the sauce is reduced to thickness, add Grace Fish and Meat Sauce then spoon the sauce over chicken.
- Allow chicken to bake for another 10 minutes until tender.
Serve with gungo rice and peas accompanied with buttered carrots and string beans along with a salad of your choice.
Spice up this dish by adding 1/4 cup GRACE FISH & MEAT SAUCE to the sauce before serving.