Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: Chill Time: 1 hour
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsps. white cane vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dry (powdered) mustard
- 1 tsp. GRACE HOT PEPPER SAUCE
- 2 tsps. capers (optional)
- 1 lb. (450 grams) shrimp
- 3 medium avocados, cut in halves and peeled
- 6 medium crisp lettuce leaves for base.
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- In a large bowl, combine lemon or lime juice, vinegar, salt, mustard, Grace Hot Pepper Sauce and capers.
- Toss with the prepared shrimp and chill, covered for 2 hours or longer stirring occasionally.
- Brush avocado halves with some of the marinade, include the outside to avoid darkening and to enhance flavour.
- Arrange on crisp lettuce leaves. Fill avocado halves with shrimp and serve with remaining marinade in bowl.
Iced Tea is an appropriate light beverage, or if you wish to be more elegant - chilled rose or white wine.