Preparation Time: 30 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, diced
- 2 cups water
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 3 Tbsps. soft margarine
- 3 Tbsps. brown sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 2 Tbsps. cornstarch, dissolved in water
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 180°C. Lightly grease 20cm × 20cm ×5 cm casserole dish. Set aside.
- Boil potatoes in salted water, for about 5 minutes. Drain, set aside.
- Melt soft margarine, add sugar, orange juice, dissolved cornstarch and mix thoroughly.
- Place sweet potatoes and raisins in a casserole. Pour on liquid and sprinkle with cinnamon and bake until syrup is formed and potatoes cooked.
Serve with baked ham, turkey or other festive dish.
Sweet potato is a relative of the yam family.