Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- 1 lb. (450 grams.) cabbage
- 4 slices pineapple, drained and cubed
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsps. white cane vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 tsp. onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp. grated orange rind
- 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
- 1 stalk escallion finely, chopped
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Cut cabbage into 6 wedges.
- In a skillet, bring 1/2 cup of the reserved pineapple liquid to a boil.
- Add pineapple cubes to cabbage with remaining ingredients.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer until crisp tender or for 5 minutes.
- Remove to serving platter and sprinkle with escallion.
- Serve immediately.
Serve as a side dish with your favourite grilled or roast meats.
Use can pineapple and reserve liquid.
Spinach or mustard can be substitued for cabbage.