Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- 6 cups water
- 1 lb. (450 grams) rice
- 2 Tbsps. vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 medium green sweet pepper, chopped
- 1 can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 can mixed vegetables, drained
- 8 ozs. (225 grams) mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 packet GRACE COCK SOUP MIX, sifted
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Bring water to the boil, add rice and allow to steam for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, garlic and sweet pepper.
- Stir in the steamed rice, whole kernel corn and mixed vegetables.
- Add the cheese, Grace Cock Soup Mix and toss well.
- Serve hot.
Serve with a fresh garden salad and your favourite Grace Tropical Rhythm-June Plum.
An easy and economical dish for lunch, dinner or supper.
Variations: Your favourite choice of pasta can be substituted for rice.