Preparation Time: 15 minutes
- 1 cup lettuce, shredded
- 8 slices canned pineapple, drained
- 1 packet cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 ripe maraschino cherries, drained
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Arrange shredded lettuce on four salad plates.
- Place two slices of pineapple side by side, or partly overlapping on each other.
- Soften the cream cheese and form into small balls.
- Put the balls into the holes of pineapple slices and spoon the mayonnaise in a circle around the balls.
- Sprinkle cheese over all, and top each pineapple slice with a cherry.
Serve very chilled.
An ideal salad for Summer.