- 1 & 1/2 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsweeetened coconut milk
- 1 T. all purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/2 t. pure vanillaa
- Minced zest and juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of salt
- 9 inch pie crust (please make your own)
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- Whisk all ingredients together in a large bowl until well incorporated
- Pour into your pie shell and place on a baking/cookie sheet.
- BAKE until the fillings is just set, yet still a bit jiggly, about 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool to room temp on a rack.
NOTE: if you crust browns fast make a tin foil ring and place around the crust.
Chill the pie if not serving right away. Pie should be brought to room temp if chilled. I like this pie chilled or room temp. It is delicious!
Garnish with thin sliced lime slices and whipped cream if you like. Better make two because it will not last very long.