Serves: About 6 sausages
- Whole liver, heart and kidneys of sheep or goat (about 1 pound)
- about 1/4 animal fat
- 2 cups animal's blood
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 small stalk celery, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 Madame Jeanet chile pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 tablespoon ground cloves
- 10 leaves basil chopped
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Grind liver, heart and kidneys and animal fat into large bowl. Mix in animal's blood, onion, bell pepper, celery, garlic, chile pepper, salt and freshly ground pepper, ground cloves.
Stuff into sausage casing and tie off at 3-4" lengths. Prick sausages lightly with fork to prevent bursting when being cooked.
Boil in salted water with basil leaves for 10-15 minutes.