Preparation Time: 30 mins.
- 1 lb cleaned conch
- 1 cup flour
- 4 whole eggs, beaten in a bowl
- 4 cups bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Oil for deep frying
Tartar Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- Juice from 2 lemons
- 1 tablespoon chopped capers
- 1 tablespoon chopped dill pickle
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh fennel “green”
- 2 tablespoons chopped red onion
- 1 teaspoon Worcester
- Lime wedges and scotch bonnet sauce for garnish
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Slice the conch in thin slices, approximately two to three oz. between two sheets of cling film wrap, pound the conch slices until you have a very thin schnitzel style cutlet. Bread the cutlets by first dusting in flour (seasoned with salt and pepper), then immerse in egg wash and then coat in the bread crumbs, seasoned with thyme, parsley and salt and pepper.
Mix mayonnaise with rest of ingredients to make Tartar sauce.
Deep fry conch in 350 degree oil until crispy and golden brown (approximately three to four minutes). Serve immediately with lime wedges, scotch bonnet sauce and Tartar sauce.
Panko, Japanese bread crumbs, very crispy, tempura batter, Ritz Cracker crumbs, Corn Flake crumbs and beer batter
Serve immediately with lime wedges, scotch bonnet sauce and Tartar sauce