- 1-1/2 cups stewed guavas
- 1 1/4 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/3 tsp nutmeg
- 1/3 tsp ground cinnamon
- Juice of one lemon or lime
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Melt the margarine, blend with the bread crumbs, and combine the spices and sugar.
- Grease a pie dish and sprinkle a layer of crumbs on the bottom.
- Cover with a layer of stewed guavas, sprinkle with spice and sugar.
- Repeat this layering until all the ingredients are used up.
- Top with bread crumbs.
- Mix the lemon or lime juice with a tablespoon of water and pour over the pudding.
- Bake in a moderate oven for 20 minutes.
Serve warm with coconut cream.