- 2 pounds beef flank steak
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced into strips
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Brown the flank steak on each side, about 4 minutes per side.
- Transfer beef to a slow cooker. Pour in the beef broth and tomato sauce, then add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, tomato paste, cilantro, olive oil and vinegar.
- Stir until well blended. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for up to 10 hours.
- When ready to serve, shred meat and serve with tortillas or rice.