Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 4 large Ripe Navel Oranges
- 1 large Avocado
- 1 head Lettuce
- 1⁄2 cup Fruit French Dressing
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Peel, segment and place oranges in a medium bowl. Remove seeds carefully.
- Peel and slice avocado, place in bowl, cover and refrigerate.
- Tear lettuce leaves into bite size pieces; place in a large salad bowl, arrange orange segments and avocado slices atop.
- Chill for 1 hour and serve.
HOW TO SEGMENT AN ORANGE:
Start by slicing a small section about 1.5 cm (1/2 inch) thick, from both top and bottom ends.
With the fruit resting flat use a sharp knife to slice off the rind and the white pith.
Working over a bowl to catch the juice, slip the blade between a membrane and slice to the center, separating one side of the section. Turn the blade so that it is facing out and is lined up along the membrane on the opposite side of the section. Slide the blade from the centre out along the membrane to free the section. Continue until all the sections are removed.
Dress with Fruit French Dressing.