Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 7-12 minutes
Serves: Yield: 1 1/2 dozen
- 1⁄2 cup (113 grams) Grace Hello Margarine
- 1 cup (225 grams) Sugar
- 1 Egg
- 1⁄4 cup Milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2 1⁄2 millilitres) Vanilla
- 3 cups All Purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons (10 millilitres) Baking Powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2 1⁄2 millilitres) Grounded Mace, Optional
- 1⁄2 teaspoon (2 1⁄2 millilitres) Salt
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Cream Grace Hello Margarine and sugar. Add egg, milk and vanilla. Beat well.
- In a bowl, sift together 2 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, mace (optional) and salt.
- Add 1/2 dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix well. Add remaining dry ingredients to creamed mixture and mix until it forms a dough.
- Use remaining flour to flour surface. On the floured surface, roll dough into 1/8 inch thickness for thin cookies or 1/4 inch thickness for thick cookies.
- Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake thin cookies at 190°C/375°F for 7-8 minutes; or bake thick cookies for 10-12 minutes.