Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- 6 salmon fillets, about 5 oz. each
- Coarse salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 1/2 inch chunk fresh ginger, finely chopped
- Grated zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch rings
- 1 sm. yellow squash, cut into 1/2 inch half moons
- 1 lg. ripe tomato, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 12 lg. basil leaves, finely chopped
- Vegetable oil spray
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Place 2 baking sheets with rims in the oven and preheat to 400 degrees. Place salmon fillets in a glass baking dish and season with salt, pepper, ginger, and lemon zest and juice. In large bowl, mix zucchini, yellow squash, tomatoes, and chopped basil. Season with salt and pepper.
Cut 6 sheets heavy duty aluminum foil about 10 x 16 inches. Spray each with vegetables oil spray. Distribute vegetable mixture among them, using half the sheet. Top with seasoned salmon fillets and remaining marinade. Fold foil into rectangular envelopes, crimping all the edges. (The recipe may be prepared to this point and refrigerated. Let come to room temperature before cooking.) Place foil packets on baking sheets and bake for 20 minutes. To serve, transfer pouches to dinner plates and slash an X in each. Serve with rice. Preparation time: 20 minutes. Cooking time: 20 minutes.
To serve, transfer pouches to dinner plates and slash an X in each. Serve with rice.