Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 1 Pound whole wheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon mixed spice
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1 Teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 4 Ounces mixed fruits, soaked
- 2 Ounces grace hello margarine, melted
- 1 Bottle stout
- 1 Cup wine*
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon grace browning
- 1⁄4 Cup grace guava jam
- 8 Ounces dark sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Pre-heat oven to 180ºC (350ºF). Grease 30 cm x 13 cm x 6 cm (12˝ 4˝x 3˝) loaf tin.
- Combine whole wheat flour, mixed spice, salt, cinnamon powder, nutmeg and baking powder.
- Add three quarter of the mixed fruits. Mix well then set aside.
- To the cooled melted Grace Hello Margarine, add stout, wine, vanilla, Grace Browning and one tablespoon Grace Guava Jam, then mix well.
- Add dark sugar and mix until all the sugar granules are dissolved, and then add the beaten egg.
- Pour liquid mixture into dry ingredients and mix well.
- Scrape the batter into a greased loaf pan then sprinkle on remaining mixed fruits. Place in a pre-heated oven at 180ºC/350ºF for 45 minutes or until a skewer inserted comes out clean.
- Remove from pan and allow to cool. Melt the remaining GRACE GUAVA JAM and brush over the surface of the baked bun as a glaze.
Serve with Tastee Processed or natural cheddar cheese.
Amount of liquid required may be less due to grade of wholewheat flour used. Gradually add to ensure correct consistency.