Preparation Time: 1 1⁄2 hours
Cooking Time: 1 hours
Serves: 8 slices
- 2 Cups water
- 1⁄2 Cup grace guava jam
- 1⁄2 Cup guava, diced
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 Packet grace coconut milk powder
- 2 Teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄2 Cup grace hello margarine, melted
- 1 Cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon powder
- 1⁄2 Pound (225 Grams) whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 Cup raisins, soaked
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- TO PREPARE GUAVA GLAZE: Combine 1/2 cup water, Grace Guava Jam, diced guava and honey in a sauce pan and leave to reduce until a glaze-like consistency is formed.
- Preheat oven at 180°C/350°F and grease a 9" ovenproof dish; then spread guava glaze on the bottom of the greased dish and set aside.
- TO PREPARE BREAD PUDDING: Dissolve Grace Coconut Milk Powder in 1 1/2 cups water and add vanilla. Then combine melted Grace Hello Margarine, brown sugar, cinnamon powder and mix well.
- Break whole wheat bread into small pieces and place in a bowl. Pour liquid mixture over the pieces of bread and leave to soak until the bread is completely saturated for about 1 hour.
- Scrape mixture into a greased ovenproof dish and bake for 1 hour or until the top is golden brown.