Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cooking Time: 50 Minutes
Serves: 12 persons
- 2 Tablespoons grace hello margarine
- 2 Stalks escallion, chopped
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Sprig thyme, chopped
- 1⁄2 scotch bonnett pepper, deseeded and chopped
- 3 Cups grace coconut milk
- 5 1⁄2 Cups water
- 1 Packet grace cornmeal
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 4 Ounces anchor mild cheddar cheese, shredded
- 4 Ounces breadcrumbs
- 1 Teaspoon paprika
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Melt Grace Hello Margarine in a heavy bottom saucepan, add chopped escallion, onion, garlic, thyme and scotch bonnet pepper. Sauté for 2 minutes.
Add Grace Coconut Milk and 3 cups water and allow to come to a boil
Combine Grace Cornmeal with salt and Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper, mix well. Add 2½ cups water to cornmeal mixture and mix to soften.
Scrape cornmeal mixture into boiling coconut milk mixture and stir constantly to avoid limping.
Cook for 20 minutes on a low flame, stirring constantly.
Scrape into a greased 2 litre casserole dish and top with shredded cheese, breadcrumbs and paprika.
Bake at 180ºC (350ºF) for 30 minutes.