Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 35-40 minutes
Serves: 4-6 persons
- 8 Slices white/whole wheat bread
- 4 Medium eggs
- 1 Cup (250 Millilitres) grace tomato ketchup
- 1 Can grace tuna in water, drained
- 1⁄2 Cup (125 Millilitres) water
- 1⁄4 Cup (30 Grams) mixed herbs (oregano/basil/parsley
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 1⁄2 Millilitres) salt
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon (2 1⁄2 Millilitres) white pepper
- 1 Cup (112 Grams) shredded anchor cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 Tablespoons (30 Millilitres) parmesan cheese
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Grease a 9 inch (22 cm) baking dish. Arrange 4 slices of bread in the bottom of dish, cutting if necessary or over lapping to fit.
- Whisk together eggs, Grace Tomato Ketchup, Grace Tuna, water, mixed herbs, salt, onion and white pepper.
- Ladle half of the egg mixture evenly over layered bread. Sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat layers of bread, egg mixture and remaining cheddar cheese.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan Cheese. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 180°C/350°F for 35-40 minutes or until puffy and brown. Serve at once.
With stir fried broccoli or steamed callaloo and tomato slices.