Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Cooking Time: Chill Time: 1 hour
Serves: 4 persons
- 1 Can grace pineapple juice (540 ml)
- 1 Cup grace white vinegar
- 1 Cup olive oil
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- 1 Teaspoon Grace Caribbean traditions black pepper
- 1 Pound lettuce
- 1⁄2 Pound cucumber, cut in half lengthwise and deseeded
- 1⁄2 Pound mango, peeled and cubed
- 4 Ounces carrots, cut in thin circles
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
To Make Vinaigrette:
Place GRACE PINEAPPLE JUICE in a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce flame and allow juice to reduce until it has a syrupy consistency.
Remove from flame and add the GRACE WHITE VINEGAR.
Gradually whisk in olive oil. Allow to cool.
Adjust flavour as desired by adding salt and GRACE CARIBBEAN TRADITIONS BLACK PEPPER. Allow to cool.
Wash lettuce leaves, drain and tear into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl. Cut cucumber into half moon disc and add to lettuce.
Add cubed mango and carrots. Toss well.
Drizzle with vinaigrette, mix thoroughly.
Chill and serve.