Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 4 Cups grace coconut milk
- 1⁄4 Cup grace coconut oil
- 2 Cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 2 Small tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup sweet pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon grace caribbean traditions black pepper
- 4 Whole pimento berries
- 1⁄2 Teaspoon scotch bonnet pepper, (deseed and chopped)
- 2 Pounds (1 Kilogram) pickled mackerel, soaked, boiled and flaked
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
Note: 2 cans Grace Mackerel in Brine may be substituted for the pickled mackerel.
Bring Grace Coconut Milk to a boil and allow to reduce by half.
- In a separate saucepan, heat Grace Coconut Oil and saute chopped garlic, onion, tomatoes and sweet pepper.
- Add Grace Caribbean Traditions Black Pepper, pimento berries and chopped scotch bonnet pepper. Mix well and allow to simmer for 2 minutes.
- Pour in the reduced coconut milk, then fold in the flaked mackerel.
- Stir lightly and leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with boiled banana, yam and dumplings.