Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15-20 minutes
Serves: 4 persons
- 2 Tablespoons (30 Millilitres) Grace Vegetable Oil
- 3 Whole annatto seeds
- 1 Medium onion, chopped
- 1 Sprig thyme
- 1 Stalk escallion, chopped
- 1⁄4 Cup susumber (gully beans)
- 1 Pound (450 Grams) saltfish, boiled and flaked
- 4 Whole okras, sliced
- 2 Cups grace cornmeal
- 1 Packet grace coconut milk powder
- 5 Cups water
- 1 Can grace mixed vegetables
METHOD / DIRECTIONS:
- Heat Grace Vegetable Oil in a medium size pot; add annatto seeds and saute for 1 minute.
- Remove annatto seeds and then saute chopped onion, thyme and escallion.
- Add susumber, boiled and flaked saltfish, sliced okras and stir well.
- Combine Grace Cornmeal and Grace Coconut Milk Powder, add water and mix well.
- Add cornmeal mixture to the sauteed seasonings and stir until thickened. Allow to cook for 15 minutes.
- Mix in the Grace Mixed Vegetables; cover and leave to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
Serve with stir fried vegetables.